Ever Feel Your Channel is Underrated?

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Do you ever feel that your channel is underrated? That all the effort you put in is just sort of un-noticed?

I sometimes feel like this, forgetting the fact that I haven't uploaded in ages, when I did it felt a lot like this. I'm not saying i'm amazing at making videos or anything, but I see a lot of channels who have been on youtube half the time, with videos that appear to have many errors, bad lighting etc, yet they seem to have 500 subscribers.

I like to put hours into my videos making sure the lighting is right, the shot is good, sound is clear, and I see people with videos that have muffled sound with dark lighting and are getting credit of 3,000 views per video and around 500 subs, it really confuses me how these people manage to get all of these viewers!

Do you ever feel like this?

With my old channel, I did. In less than six months I got almost 20k views and almost 500 subs and I truly believed I deserved more.

But I have since shut that channel down (just wasn't feeling it any more) and now I am just letting the chips fall where they may. No partnership, little to no promotion, and just enjoying it :D

Sometimes I do, I think that I have great quality, thumbnails, and content but then I realize that there is thousands and thousands of other channels that are doing the same things so I am just chilling until it happens :p

We all feel this way at some point. When we do something that requires a lot of hard work everyone feels like they should be validated at some point. its really hard to keep trying but that's what will separate you from the norm =)

Sometimes I do, I think that I have great quality, thumbnails, and content but then I realize that there is thousands and thousands of other channels that are doing the same things so I am just chilling until it happens :p

If I waited until I got to 10,000 subs I'd be dead :D

I feel that certain videos I do are underrated. It's sad that viewers can't tell how much time a youtuber puts into his or her videos because if they did I think they would appreciate the final project much more.

I feel that certain videos I do are underrated. It's sad that viewers can't tell how much time a youtuber puts into his or her videos because if they did I think they would appreciate the final project much more.

I can 100% agree on that! This is why I feel I should do behind the scenes sometimes

Yup. All the time and sometimes I feel like maybe I'm not that great either. I guess we gotta keep working until somebody notices us but until then, let's have fun. Right? :)

Back