Embarrassed...95 subscribers after 2 years?

Be consistent...use a captivating thumbnail...promote your content...create quality content—if I hear it one more time I'll lose it, and I'm embarrassed that the title is very much true. I can say with utmost certainty that I do all of these things, and my subscriber counts merely grows at snails pace. I've used Adword campaigns on many of my videos, used TubeBuddy for SEO—interact with other YouTube channels with a similar audience, have a clear and defined target audience, yet I see no efficient way to grow my subscriber count.

At this point, I'm convinced I could record the cure for cancer and still wouldn't get traffic to my channel. I've been patient, and I can't make sense of how absurd this all is. If you're reading this, tell me something I do not know. Tell me something I'm missing. Because I can not figure this out for this life of me.
Hey lad, I had only 220 subs after 5 years (started my 1st channel on August 24, 2011) and I stopped making videos there and started a new one (the channel I have right now) so I could make better content and not have inactive subs, so dont worry! Your videos are fine, and I definetly know how you feel. It will get better!

Thanks man. I heard the algorithm 'kicks in' when a creator has 100 subscribers. Is there any truth to this? Where does this comment stem from?

I think it's after 100 videos not subscribers but I'm not sure
as for the growth from my own personal experience I mostly got subs thanks to Twitter and meeting Youtube friends, I have 1,360 subs right now but I can tell you that not all of them are active watchers. I took a look at your channel and you have videos with 500 views which is amazing, people struggle with views more than subs trust me. And don't ever give up on your goals, this sounds cliche but if you truly want to be successful in Youtube then keep working on it, it's just like losing weight, sometimes you want to give up because you can't get rid of that small part of belly fat but if you don't give up and work harder you'll achieve your goals. Life works just like that, if you work hard on something you'll get it sooner or later but you will get it :) I truly wish you all the best

Hey lad, I had only 220 subs after 5 years (started my 1st channel on August 24, 2011) and I stopped making videos there and started a new one (the channel I have right now) so I could make better content and not have inactive subs, so dont worry! Your videos are fine, and I definetly know how you feel. It will get better!
I think it's after 100 videos not subscribers but I'm not sure
as for the growth from my own personal experience I mostly got subs thanks to Twitter and meeting Youtube friends, I have 1,360 subs right now but I can tell you that not all of them are active watchers. I took a look at your channel and you have videos with 500 views which is amazing, people struggle with views more than subs trust me. And don't ever give up on your goals, this sounds cliche but if you truly want to be successful in Youtube then keep working on it, it's just like losing weight, sometimes you want to give up because you can't get rid of that small part of belly fat but if you don't give up and work harder you'll achieve your goals. Life works just like that, if you work hard on something you'll get it sooner or later but you will get it :) I truly wish you all the best

Thank you both! I will figure this out. I would go crazy if I quit - as I would return to my old lifestyle, which consists of a lot of drinking and bad decisions, so there is no other direction. I will march on, even if I fail!

Thank you both! I will figure this out. I would go crazy if I quit - as I would return to my old lifestyle, which consists of a lot of drinking and bad decisions, so there is no other direction. I will march on, even if I fail!
ay there ya go, thats the spirit! Just keep at it and you will get somewhere :p

Hi Chill bro,
When I read your post, I thought well after 2 years 100 subscribers, you must be creating so s****y content that f*****g I rather watch Trump dancing lambada than your videos. Anyways checked some of your videos and they aren't complete b******t. But your video tags are. (I hope you can come up with some conclusion here ;) )

And again have you spread your channel somewhere? Have you left some f*****g hilarious comments on popular videos in youtube? If not - do that.

Peace!

Hi Chill bro,
When I read your post, I thought well after 2 years 100 subscribers, you must be creating so s****y content that f*****g I rather watch Trump dancing lambada than your videos. Anyways checked some of your videos and they aren't complete b******t. But your video tags are. (I hope you can come up with some conclusion here ;) )

And again have you spread your channel somewhere? Have you left some f*****g hilarious comments on popular videos in youtube? If not - do that.

Peace!
Hello,

I have shared my videos on other platforms, but haven't had luck. There's so much noise on Reedit, and my videos dont seem to pick up traffic. I have a fair amount of Instagram followers, and also promote there but people don't seem to cross platforms (IG > YT)

Explain to me why you think my tags are weak. I rarely put any tag with a below average rating when usi my Tube Buddy tools and am curious about your rationale.

I just checked out your videos and I love them! The quality is definitely there. I don't really know how people get a lot of subs, I'm assuming a bit of luck has something to do with it, but honestly, you should be really proud of your content! +1 subscriber

Back