Embarrassed...95 subscribers after 2 years?

Crazy Winny

Reaction score
Hey man, I just checked out your video and it's not bad at all so I do not understand as to why you don't have a lot of subscribers.

I also totally understand you when you said that you are fed up with people saying the same things over and over again "consistency, great thumbnail, etc.".

I am new to all of this, but seeing all of you fighting for your dreams, also makes me want to do the same. If we put hard work, we will get what we deserve. However, in my opinion, we can't be stubborn and say "I'm going to do this until it works!!" because it's the same as if you just created a product where there's no demand there. It means that no matter how much you hope for it to sell, it won't because there's no market there.

I'm no expert in growing a channel since I only have 43 subscribers. I'm just talking from a theoretical standpoint here. We can keep on focusing on our passion, but from time to time, we also have to adapt (what's trending) and do that in our own way.

Keep on going though mate!! You WILL get there!! I will keep on giving you feedback as well

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks man. I heard the algorithm 'kicks in' when a creator has 100 subscribers. Is there any truth to this? Where does this comment stem from?
hm I'm not sure, I've heard it but when I passed 100 subs it was many algorithms ago.

alwinred

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You sir, you deserve more subs, and you just got one more subscriber.

You have really good content, maybe the problem is that you haven't been asking people to sub or that your videos were nowhere to be found from the people that will appreciate your content.

Keep up making this nice videos and you will see your channel to grow, you already pass your first milestone, 100+ subs as i am writing this, congratulations for the 100 subs and keep focusing on delivering nice content.

Reactions: chill_bro_videos
Reaction score
What's the purpose of your channel? To make money? Spread a message? Doing it because you love it? Mine is a combo of all of those realistically. Also, it's all relative. I feel the same way. Mine is growing "slow". In 7 months we are up to 300. The difference is I'm trying to build quality viewers. I know my content won't probably get millions of views, but hopefully thousands. If you love doing it, I hope you can stay after it and don't lose hope! I checked out some of your videos! You do a good job filming and editing. Stay after it! Now that you have 100 subs make sure you choose a URL/Name as well!

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You sir, you deserve more subs, and you just got one more subscriber.

You have really good content, maybe the problem is that you haven't been asking people to sub or that your videos were nowhere to be found from the people that will appreciate your content.

Keep up making this nice videos and you will see your channel to grow, you already pass your first milestone, 100+ subs as i am writing this, congratulations for the 100 subs and keep focusing on delivering nice content.
Hey—thanks for the compliment. I'll figure with out. I think the thing with comedy is people aren't necessarily searching for it. It's kind of something you stumble upon and then go, 'Hey this guy is funny." and then subscribe/follow.

People generally search for more practical things like how-to videos, and perhaps that's why I am being left in the dark. I'm thinking of paying people with large followings with a similar target audience to share my videos. I feel like that will guarantee me something.

Now time to change my URL with these news subs!

Reactions: alwinred

Crazy Winny

Reaction score
Hey—thanks for the compliment. I'll figure with out. I think the thing with comedy is people aren't necessarily searching for it. It's kind of something you stumble upon and then go, 'Hey this guy is funny." and then subscribe/follow.

People generally search for more practical things like how-to videos, and perhaps that's why I am being left in the dark. I'm thinking of paying people with large followings with a similar target audience to share my videos. I feel like that will guarantee me something.

Now time to change my URL with these news subs!
Hey man! It's exactly like you said...people are looking for "how to" videos. It's easier to rank under that category than entertainment since entertainment is taken over by huge guys, however, it's not impossible since I'm also in the entertaining field. Your editing is great as well. You just need to gather the right audience. Keep it going though and don't give up!!

Reactions: chill_bro_videos

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey man! It's exactly like you said...people are looking for "how to" videos. It's easier to rank under that category than entertainment since entertainment is taken over by huge guys, however, it's not impossible since I'm also in the entertaining field. Your editing is great as well. You just need to gather the right audience. Keep it going though and don't give up!!
Wow. Check out these charts here. http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/08/16/music-5-percent-youtube/

Comedy is a mere 4% of YT traffic.[DOUBLEPOST=1493854852,1493854753][/DOUBLEPOST]But entertainment is 18%, but is comedy not entertainment? Hard to make conclusions here.

TiredGiraffeHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You don't seem like you take youtube serious, I can see that because of your titles, thumbnails. If you put more effort into youtube it will get you somewhere

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't seem like you take youtube serious, I can see that because of your titles, thumbnails. If you put more effort into youtube it will get you somewhere
What about my titles and thumbnails makes you think I don't take this seriously? I'm very particular about both.