E3 footage usage.

velocity

YTtalk Mad
I've made a similar topic in the past about trailer footage but how safe do you think it'll be to upload E3 footage? I don't mean the whole thing or even large chunks but very small amounts, a few 10 second moments.

The Xbox One Reveal last month loads of people seemed to have uploaded that with no problems, showing quite a lot of the conference.

I've seen a few semi-successful people upload the entirety of a game's gameplay from E3 and do commentary over it.

I'm not entirely sure how it would work out.
I suppose it would be fine if you don't monetize it, but I'm not guaranteeing anything :')

I've seen a few semi-successful people upload the entirety of a game's gameplay from E3 and do commentary over it.

I'm not entirely sure how it would work out.
I suppose it would be fine if you don't monetize it, but I'm not guaranteeing anything :')

Like I said, I don't plan on uploading anything more than a few 10 second parts. There was that one Xbox Reveal video that took off the 'TV, TV, TV' one xD and that was from a guy not even partnered.

I don't plan to monetize but I don't want the whole '3rd party' thing where I "might" get a strike at any point with it up.

if you want a strike go ahead mate

That's not always the case, like I said in my previous comment you often get the whole "you can use it but we claim copyright of it". In fact on an old channel before I understood Youtube well I used to use that type of footage all the time, nothing ever happened.

Do NOT upload any footage from E3 without permission. It will either be claimed or taken down.

So what happened with the massive Xbox reveal video that guy made summing it up in a humorous way? He wasn't partnered nor had permission.

just upload 8 second clips, please note even so you cannot monetize the video, unless its like 1 or 2 clippings.

That's not always the case, like I said in my previous comment you often get the whole "you can use it but we claim copyright of it". In fact on an old channel before I understood Youtube well I used to use that type of footage all the time, nothing ever happened.

So what happened with the massive Xbox reveal video that guy made summing it up in a humorous way? He wasn't partnered nor had permission.

No idea what video you are talkin about. The first rule of youtube gaming content is to never upload a trailer without permission. You can do what you want but I'm warning oyu.

Back