Drive organic traffic for your channel!

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Where do you find out those things?

Battlefield 1 is my favorite game at the moment what about that?
I get my info from the horse's mouth: Youtube and Google trends. When you search for anything on YouTube, it will give you the amount of results for that particular search term. Google Trends tells you how popular the search term is. 'Battlefield 1' has over 5 million search results. Your channel wouldn't rank for that right now. Now 'battlefield 1 epic moments' has 231,000 search results with decent monthly search volume and low competition. Create a series titled "Battlefield 1 Epic Moments" and when you have enough videos, put them all in a playlist and name it "Battlefield 1 Epic Moments." The more videos you create around that niche, the more the youtube algorithm will recognize your channel as an authority for it. Remember, to also rank well on youtube, your videos need to be relevant. Make sure your videos are titled with "Battlefield 1 Epic Moments" first, before you add any additional info to the title. For example: 'Battlefield 1 Epic Moments - One shot kills Part 1' or 'Battlefield 1 Epic Moments - Blowing Up Tanks with a Grenade Launcher.' Create titles that sound interesting and enticing. Make sure 'Battlefield 1 Epic Moments' is also in your description and tags.[DOUBLEPOST=1485116687,1485116292][/DOUBLEPOST]
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

There seems to be a bit of confusion with terminology. :)

Organic growth of a channel means growth that happens from within. It's views that come in automatically without you haven't to run around manually promoting, posting or running advertising campaigns. When people refer to organic growth, we're talking about traffic sources such as "suggested videos" (in particular when your videos are suggested on other channels' videos), google search and YT search. ie once you start getting significant traffic from those sources, your channel will be automatically bringing in new viewers and subs every day without you having to do anything. That's why it's called "organic".

Social media and forums etc isn't organic because it's not automated. As soon as the creator stops posting to social media, forums etc, promoting, then the views will dry up. Also these sources tend to bring in views with lower than average audience retention because you are pushing your content. Organic growth has better audience retention because people are actively searching and clicking out of choice. Poor audience retention from the non-organic sources will harm your chances of getting decent traffic from the organic sources (because the organic sources are driven by the algorithm which looks at the view time)
Yeah, what Crown said. :)

Reactions: Crown

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get my info from the horse's mouth: Youtube and Google trends. When you search for anything on YouTube, it will give you the amount of results for that particular search term. Google Trends tells you how popular the search term is. 'Battlefield 1' has over 5 million search results. Your channel wouldn't rank for that right now. Now 'battlefield 1 epic moments' has 231,000 search results with decent monthly search volume and low competition. Create a series titled "Battlefield 1 Epic Moments" and when you have enough videos, put them all in a playlist and name it "Battlefield 1 Epic Moments." The more videos you create around that niche, the more the youtube algorithm with recognize your channel as an authority for it. Remember, to also rank well on youtube, your videos need to be relevant. Make sure your videos are titled with "Battlefield 1 Epic Moments" first, before you add any additional info to the title. For example: 'Battlefield 1 Epic Moments - One shot kills Part 1' or 'Battlefield Epic Moments - Blowing Up Tanks with a Grenade Launcher.' Create titles that sound interesting and enticing. Make sure 'Battlefield 1 Epic Moments' is also in your description and tags.[DOUBLEPOST=1485116687,1485116292][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah, what Crown said. :)
I have considered making videos where I review the guns available to use in battlefield 1 and whats the ups and down about them.
In which situations they are most effective in.

Is this something there would be space for?

I tried going into google trends but I don't get the amount of search results :(

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have considered making videos where I review the guns available to use in battlefield 1 and whats the ups and down about them.
In which situations they are most effective in.

Is this something there would be space for?

I tried going into google trends but I don't get the amount of search results :(
I just checked and no one is searching for 'Battlefield 1 Guns Review.' Don't expect much growth with a title like that. Maybe 'Battlefield 1 Epic Moments - Most Effective Guns For Quick Kills.' I dunno.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just checked and no one is searching for 'Battlefield 1 Guns Review.' Don't expect much growth with that content.
where can you check it?

Can you perhaps send me a link to look these things up?

Or else it might be annoying for you when I ask all these questions haha :)

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
where can you check it?

Can you perhaps send me a link to look these things up?

Or else it might be annoying for you when I ask all these questions haha :)
I edited my last post, check it out.

Well, I'm not going to spend my time answering more questions, I have to edit a video for my own channel. I gave you some solid info and now it's up to you to utilize it or not. When you're on google trends, search for something specific and where it says "Web Search" click on it. A drop-down menu will appear. Select "YouTube Search" and all the info will be right there.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I edited my last post, check it out.

Well, I'm not going to spend my time answering more questions, I have to edit a video for my own channel. I gave you some solid info and now it's up to you to utilize it or not. When you're on google trends, search for something specific and where it says "Web Search" click on it. A drop-down menu will appear. Select "YouTube Search" and all the info will be right there.
I understand thanks for your advice I think I start to get it. The thing you talked about "The more videos you create around that niche, the more the youtube algorithm will recognize your channel as an authority for it"

This means that as longest I use low competition keywords with high monthly search rate both in my headline, thumbnails and tags
I have a chance to gain awareness regardless of what games I play and getting low views on the first videos I create is normal and as longest I keep uploading and using strong keywords the youtube algorithm will slowly start to recognize my channel so I gain more awareness and hopefully subscribers.

Is it correct what I say or am I completely out of track? :)

Because this means that I can actually make success regardless of what game I play its a matter about consistency and knowing how to use your keywords :)

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I understand thanks for your advice I think I start to get it. The thing you talked about "The more videos you create around that niche, the more the youtube algorithm will recognize your channel as an authority for it"

This means that as longest I use low competition keywords with high monthly search rate both in my headline, thumbnails and tags
I have a chance to gain awareness regardless of what games I play and getting low views on the first videos I create is normal and as longest I keep uploading and using strong keywords the youtube algorithm will slowly start to recognize my channel so I gain more awareness and hopefully subscribers.

Is it correct what I say or am I completely out of track? :)

Because this means that I can actually make success regardless of what game I play its a matter about consistency and knowing how to use your keywords :)
The niche has to be in demand, I think that's the part you don't quite understand. The games you play still needs to be popular/trending. So no, you can't just play any game, add tags and expect to see the results you want. Something can't be found if no one is searching for it.

Reactions: Crown

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The niche has to be in demand, I think that's the part you don't quite understand. The games you play still needs to be popular/trending. So no, you can't just play any game, add tags and expect to see the results you want. Something can't be found if no one is searching for it.
I admit I have to improve when it comes to do my homework and how to research for the niche with most potential but based on the positive feedback and information I have received on this topic it sounds like I shouldn't be afraid for giving it a go on battlefield which has a good demand? :)

Turk-Lvlone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I find that one of the only ways for a small channel to get views is to do videos for games that aren't too popular or topics that haven't been done, that way if you title and tag the video right you can get on the first page when searching for the game or topic.

DewmOnline

Reaction score
An example of the above statement.

I have a Scrap Mechanics maze video that is 2nd on the search if you look it up.. BUT no one is searching for scrap mechanics "maze".

They look up other terms like "scrap mechanics machines" or "cool scrap mechanic builds".. stuff like that..

So while I'm 2nd on the list..I'm getting like 1-2 views a week off that video.