Doing Youtube Full time?

I would wait for A LONG TIME. like your friends brother wait until you get enough revenue to drop out, i would if I could. When i get to collage anyway.

Coming from a channel with 100k+ subs. Thanks for opening up and giving us a better perspective on this situation. Personally, I wouldn't drop everything until maybe ~500k subs.
that seems like a good target, but i would say anything over 20k and your definitely onto something good, its worth putting extra time into it :D

and yeah, like @Crown said, the views are where the money is at, subs are more of a safety net of reliable views. if your subs are active. otherwise you gotta hit a viral video every upload. still possible though! I'm sure there's creators that do it

I think it depends on your niche. I made about $300 my first month on youtube..but not through adsense. I made it from amazon affiliate. I still consistently make way more money with amazon than adsense...even though my traffic and sales are based on my youtube video. So if you're doing any type of reviews, I don't know if you'd need to wait for the 100K mark. However I probably wouldn't quit school for youtube...probably lol

It's a pretty simple calculation.

How much money do you need / want per month in $ ?
Multiply that number by 1000
= That's how many views you need per month.

(That doesn't allow for taxes and any expenses. So you could probably increase that monthly view target by 20%

Example: someone who is targeting $2,000 would need 2 million views per month. (Plus 20% to allow for taxes / expenses)

Jeez I wish I could live off of $2,000/mo... my apartment alone is over half that.

I plan on going full time when I hit 100k. Only have like 3k right now but I'm hoping to have that 100k within a year. I'm moving to LA in the summer and have a lot of connections out there so that's how I plan to accomplish that.

I'd probably go balls in at 50k. I can live with barely any money (I have no idea how much someone with 50k subs earns) . Knowing that 50k people were interested in watching me would be more than enough of a reason to dedicate myself to their entertainment.
Fluctuates wildly.[DOUBLEPOST=1486978067,1486977954][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you'd need about 3 million views a month to live comfortably just off ad revenue. But if you have sponsorships and paid promotions then that will top up your income. I've set myself a goal of reaching that a month before I quit my job
I had 8.4 million views in Jan and would not be able to live of it (£1900) CPM is low in Jan of course..

It's a pretty simple calculation.

How much money do you need / want per month in $ ?
Multiply that number by 1000
= That's how many views you need per month.

(That doesn't allow for taxes and any expenses. So you could probably increase that monthly view target by 20%

Example: someone who is targeting $2,000 would need 2 million views per month. (Plus 20% to allow for taxes / expenses)
I wish it was that easy.

When you're making enough to be comfortable. In the end its up to you. Although always have a backup, YouTube is always changing and it's not permanent.

Back