Does YouTube notify you?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
It's kind of fine since I don't really expect to make much (if any) money from Warframe videos. It's also something I enjoy so I don't want to spoil it.
The problem here, is that you've already applied, and so will be reviewed. What the result of that review will be, no one can say. I just hope you don't get permanently demonetized for attempted monetization of unlicensed copyright media, which is against both YPP and Adsense policy.

Reactions: OldManTenno

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
The problem here, is that you've already applied, and so will be reviewed. What the result of that review will be, no one can say. I just hope you don't get permanently demonetized for attempted monetization of unlicensed copyright media, which is against both YPP and Adsense policy.
Weird thing is that I never actually applied, was just "under review" automatically. I would figure that if anything, those videos themselves cannot be monetized. Could be wrong since I really do not know much of YT monetization.

FYI, you can check out Tactical Potato on YT. He has ads in his videos.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
That's a good point, I don't remember if it was automatically or you need to do something else. I would assume that if you open an Adsense account and link it to the channel that would mean you are applying for the program. I don't remember how the screen looks when you don't an Adsens account linked... does it still show the threshold of 4K hours and 1K subs?

Reactions: OldManTenno

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's a good point, I don't remember if it was automatically or you need to do something else. I would assume that if you open an Adsense account and link it to the channel that would mean you are applying for the program. I don't remember how the screen looks when you don't an Adsens account linked... does it still show the threshold of 4K hours and 1K subs?
I opened up the Adense account a while before, just because I wanted to make sure I had everything taken care for when I got to 1k. I'm not sure if it was at this time or later, but my account had been "under review" well before I hit 1k.