Does your current subscriber count scare potential new subscribers?

Does current subscriber count change a "new" subscribers decision?

• Yes

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
Unfortunately I believe the sub count impacts new subs severely. Most people are bandwagon types and let larger groups make decisions for them. Due to this there are many questionable "popular" channels to this day.

As for myself I solely go off the sites content and even went by that rule before I started running my channel. But I am not the average viewer. I do not think anybody who is on yttalk really is because we have the ambition to focus on our channels and see everything in a different light before we sub to anybody else. Even if they rarely post I sub just because if the content was good enough to entertain me it will be a nice surprise the next time they upload something. You have to realize YouTube really is the replacement for television and think of subbing to a low upload channel as a surprise special being on a TV weekend back in the day you did not expect but you were glad you found out and then got your VHS tape ready to record it so you could go to Shakey's with your friends on Saturday night.

Oh it definitely matters. YTtalk member and content creator is not an average YT user, so you can't compare yourself with them. If you are subscribing solely due to the content, that's not what average user does. Of course content is important, but numbers do matter a lot. Not sure if they matter between 0 or 100 subs, or between 100 and 1000 subs, but its definitely different when someone has 10k subs for example.

Would love to hear what you amazing people have to say.
My feeling is that people are more likely to subscribe to a channel that has 100+ subscribers compared to a channel that has between 0-100.

But, is it true?
I'm not sure. That's why i'm asking it here!

Thanks in advance!
It might. I'm still under 100, but I think you might be right. Once you hit 100 people know you're serious enough to get that far.

yeah and it sucks to be honest. :/[DOUBLEPOST=1430949274,1430948295][/DOUBLEPOST]I think this is a part of the youtube world and it's something that has to be accepted somewhat.

Back