Does your current subscriber count scare potential new subscribers?

Does current subscriber count change a "new" subscribers decision?

• Yes

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters

Warrior Mindset

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Would love to hear what you amazing people have to say.
My feeling is that people are more likely to subscribe to a channel that has 100+ subscribers compared to a channel that has between 0-100.

But, is it true?
I'm not sure. That's why i'm asking it here!

Thanks in advance!

itsseanhere

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Never been the case for when I've subscribed. I only subscribe for the content or if it's for a friend but I don't care about the subs, which I think should be the same for everyone. I'd rather have people subbing to me for what I give to them, not what others have done by subbing ;)

BrinchIRL

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Comedian
Id say it does affect my decision. If they have only 20 subs and maybe 1-2 videos, even if I really enjoy their videos, I rarely sub because of the strong possibility that they may never upload again.
Whereas with bigger youtubers, they tend to have an audience so they upload regularly.

Squeal Cat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Would love to hear what you amazing people have to say.
My feeling is that people are more likely to subscribe to a channel that has 100+ subscribers compared to a channel that has between 0-100.

But, is it true?
I'm not sure. That's why i'm asking it here!

Thanks in advance!
In general, it's true. And people tend to subscribe easier to 1000+ sub channels then 100 subs.

It is just how it is. So work hard at the beginning :)

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Designer, Animator
Good Question!

Personally, when I see that a channel has lotta subs, I click of the "Playlist" and "video" even if I didn't like the video.

When s.one has less than 1k subs, I don't use to look for other videos and I "change channel" ;]

Reactions: Warrior Mindset

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, it does affect peoples decision. The people that join 100K channels are usually just following herd instinct. People flock to those that are popular, that is just a fact. But you really want those subscribers that subscribe early on. They are often the most enthusiastic!