Does "Sub for sub" ever actually work?

Smug Thuggler

help!myspacebarisn'tworking!
Recently, a few people have asked me to subscribe to their channel and then they'll subscribe back, but I've noticed most of them have way more subscribers than views on their videos. So I think if you get most of your subscribers from sub for subs, then a lot of them aren't even interested in your videos. Our channel only has 20 subscribers and I'd love for it to grow, but has anyone here made a successful channel by doing sub for subs?

Sub for sub is never a good idea. It can show a big number but in views you will not grow since all of the others will not even watch a single video of yours they just want to show a big number. Also in youtube what counts in Watch Time and Audience Retention.

I personally don't think it's a bad idea to help you generate the first 100 subs, even though you don't get views out of it it atleast shows potential new subs that you are somewhat a decent channel lol. But anything more than that you shouldn't do sub4sub. Just concentrate on your content and promotion and your hard work will pay off.

imo instead of doing sub for sub try to create friends in the same category as you are in. If you do comedy then try and find similar channels. This will benefit you because you will have a similar following and a better chance of gaining subscribers that will be "true" subscribers rather than just showing a number. Also I agree that retention time is more valuable then subscribers and views.

Doing sub or sub directly doesn't work, but doing something similar can. Don't just stay subbed and then ignore them. Like, comment and engage in their content. Give eachother feedback so you can both benefit and form a friendship, not just another number in ur sub count.

Thanks for the valuable input, everyone. I think I'll avoid doing sub for sub for the most part, but I like your idea, @Hazzador, will definitely try to find similar channels to form friendships with ;)

Well it doesn't help in the long run and can even give you hate but it may help to shortcut the route to some features (YouTube space access, brand deals, ...).

Back