Does socialblade help your channel?

RayzorStudios

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Branding features that all networks give e.g. Banner,Thumbnails and shows will help your channel grow!
cheers man, thanks

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
When you inquire about partnership with a network, ask them what they'll do to promote you. If you want something beyond branding features, don't be afraid to ask for it-the worst that can happen is they say no. There's really nothing to lose. If you're a larger channel and want them to promote you on their website or social media pages, get that written into your contract. Everything is negotiable. Collaborations are usually the best form of promotion. They're not always easy to set up-especially with larger channels, but if you keep working at it, good things will happen.

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Socialblade is under the wondrous RPM network owned by the ever-so highly respected Maker Studios.

They state they plaster your video around the website
- i've received a total of 7 views from socialblade.com

They state they feature your music on hubs
- They claim its "automatic" but its near impossible to get featured, i've spent hours trying to contact people.. I was only replied to when I offered to pay for it.

They say you can get featured in the RPM spotlight
- May not apply for your video, chances of getting it are very, very low.

They claim to have a great helpful engaging community.
- About as engaging as a junkie during rehab

Absolutely amazing network.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Any mentions that our channel has received from any network (we are not with anyone yet) has not led to a significant number of views, so don't ever think that your channel will blow up overnight from a plug on facebook/twitter-but it does have the nice side effect of attracting attention from other networks. After Fullscreen mentioned us on their facebook page, we got a bunch of offers from other networks. Most of the offers were horrible, but there were a few serious ones in there that helped our bargaining position in our talks. It's much easier to get a good contract when you know what everyone else is willing to offer.

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Any mentions that our channel has received from any network (we are not with anyone yet) has not led to a significant number of views, so don't ever think that your channel will blow up overnight from a plug on facebook/twitter-but it does have the nice side effect of attracting attention from other networks. After Fullscreen mentioned us on their facebook page, we got a bunch of offers from other networks. Most of the offers were horrible, but there were a few serious ones in there that helped our bargaining position in our talks. It's much easier to get a good contract when you know what everyone else is willing to offer.
I disagree, have you seen NineBrassMonkeys? He started his channel 4 months ago and has 60k subscribers because of the quality of his content, it can happen, in certain situations.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I disagree, have you seen NineBrassMonkeys? He started his channel 4 months ago and has 60k subscribers because of the quality of his content, it can happen, in certain situations.
The success of his videos looks more to do with collaborations he did with others (the people in his videos) rather than a plug by a network. A plug/shoutout from a celebrity with a huge following or a super popular youtuber is super effective. The plugs we have received have really helped us grow-but network plugs haven't really done anything for us compared to mentions by popular friends/fans or other channels we have done collaborations with.

Reactions: Freebie

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The success of his videos looks more to do with collaborations he did with others (the people in his videos) rather than a plug by a network. A plug/shoutout from a celebrity with a huge following or a super popular youtuber is super effective. The plugs we have received have really helped us grow-but network plugs haven't really done anything for us compared to mentions by popular friends/fans or other channels we have done collaborations with.
Interesting reply, thanks for the insight.