Does anyone use a chromebook for editing?

abacoIan

My main tool is a chromebook. I love it but feel it limits my videos production. Any tips or tricks appreciated. And if you use a chromebook, what program or site do you use to edit?

I had a Chromebook when I started YouTube and I used the YouTube Editor (now no longer available) to edit my videos. It was a very frustrating process. It was less precise than editing elsewhere, it couldn't do everything I wanted it to do and took a lot longer. You can edit on a Chromebook, it is possible, but I would not recommend it. I don't really have any other advice as all my editing was done on something that's no longer available, sorry.

I had a Chromebook when I started YouTube and I used the YouTube Editor (now no longer available) to edit my videos. It was a very frustrating process. It was less precise than editing elsewhere, it couldn't do everything I wanted it to do and took a lot longer. You can edit on a Chromebook, it is possible, but I would not recommend it. I don't really have any other advice as all my editing was done on something that's no longer available, sorry.
Right now on chrome I use a playstore app as my chromebook can run some android apps. But I'm hoping to find an easier more efficient way.

Agree, was looking at a good lapto with w10 and a good processor but the prices you know. Now I'm thinking a inexpensive w10 laptop might be slower but would still do the job.
Just remember that a chrome book is literally just a Google Chrome machine. You can't download programs and such, so all you'd be able to use are those god awful web based editing programs

Back