Does anyone use a chromebook for editing?

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
My main tool is a chromebook. I love it but feel it limits my videos production. Any tips or tricks appreciated. And if you use a chromebook, what program or site do you use to edit?

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a Chromebook when I started YouTube and I used the YouTube Editor (now no longer available) to edit my videos. It was a very frustrating process. It was less precise than editing elsewhere, it couldn't do everything I wanted it to do and took a lot longer. You can edit on a Chromebook, it is possible, but I would not recommend it. I don't really have any other advice as all my editing was done on something that's no longer available, sorry.

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want any good software, you really need to get a PC.
Agree, was looking at a good lapto with w10 and a good processor but the prices you know. Now I'm thinking a inexpensive w10 laptop might be slower but would still do the job.

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a Chromebook when I started YouTube and I used the YouTube Editor (now no longer available) to edit my videos. It was a very frustrating process. It was less precise than editing elsewhere, it couldn't do everything I wanted it to do and took a lot longer. You can edit on a Chromebook, it is possible, but I would not recommend it. I don't really have any other advice as all my editing was done on something that's no longer available, sorry.
Right now on chrome I use a playstore app as my chromebook can run some android apps. But I'm hoping to find an easier more efficient way.

Reactions: Kate's Adventures

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Agree, was looking at a good lapto with w10 and a good processor but the prices you know. Now I'm thinking a inexpensive w10 laptop might be slower but would still do the job.
Just remember that a chrome book is literally just a Google Chrome machine. You can't download programs and such, so all you'd be able to use are those god awful web based editing programs