Does Anyone Else Ever Scrap Videos Completely?

Rae Talks

Liking YTtalk
This is really random, but lately I've been filming videos, and then deciding not to upload them. I still upload at least 1 video a week, but sometimes I feel like the video just isn't good enough, idk.

This has happened twice in the last couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone else ever films videos, then decides to completely scrap them, or is it just me?

Yes, sometimes in one day I'll film up to 3 ideas back to back. I'll start with my strongest idea and the other two will either be used as a video for another week, a bonus video during the week (just cause I feel like it) or scrapped because I don't feel like it's working. When I have other options I don't feel as much pressure to make an idea that isn't working work.

Happened to me this afternoon... was filming and just didnt feel like I was getting the footage, or that I was doing a good job, or that the food was that good so I just stopped and deleted the video right off the camera. First time I have done that.

Yea, a lot of my videos lately I've just scrapped because the pacing isn't carrying over from one day to the next. I really don't want to have a crappy video, but then again I also want to follow through with my goals, sometimes I'm just being too nit-picky.

I always script my videos beforehand, so I've never had to actually delete a recording because before I start filming I know if the content is up to my standard or not.

I've noticed a weird phenomenon on my channel that there are times when I think the video isn't good enough, but I still upload it at the end of the day, mainly because of how much effort I put on editing it, but usually that video goes really well! And on the other hand, the videos that I think are really good aren't received as well as the one I though was "meh". So it's weird, I think you should upload them either way, see what the community thinks of it, because it may surprise you.

This happens to me quite often, and I realise that 90% of the time I scrap the video because I only made it to get an upload out on time.. not because I actually felt passionate about making a video, or even happy for that matter.
I think its more important to enjoy what you're doing than to make sure you get a video out on exactly the right day at the right time every week, Just do what you feel comfortable with, I guess haha

But yes, I've scrapped plenty of videos.. One of them I was like 'this is so stupid..' but I ended up editing it and uploading it anyway, It's on private now and I might show it in years to come as a joke.. I had stayed up for almost days straight and it was filmed at 6am hahah, I was slightly delusional....

Back