Does Anyone Else Ever Scrap Videos Completely?

Rae Talks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This is really random, but lately I've been filming videos, and then deciding not to upload them. I still upload at least 1 video a week, but sometimes I feel like the video just isn't good enough, idk.

This has happened twice in the last couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone else ever films videos, then decides to completely scrap them, or is it just me?

Reactions: ShyGirlGetsLoud

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, sometimes in one day I'll film up to 3 ideas back to back. I'll start with my strongest idea and the other two will either be used as a video for another week, a bonus video during the week (just cause I feel like it) or scrapped because I don't feel like it's working. When I have other options I don't feel as much pressure to make an idea that isn't working work.

Reactions: Rae Talks

Marc Baggett

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yeah happens to me sometimes. I film something then sometimes decide to go in a different direction.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Happened to me this afternoon... was filming and just didnt feel like I was getting the footage, or that I was doing a good job, or that the food was that good so I just stopped and deleted the video right off the camera. First time I have done that.

JTMulcahy

Actor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Animator
Yea, a lot of my videos lately I've just scrapped because the pacing isn't carrying over from one day to the next. I really don't want to have a crappy video, but then again I also want to follow through with my goals, sometimes I'm just being too nit-picky.

Mr Danny

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I always script my videos beforehand, so I've never had to actually delete a recording because before I start filming I know if the content is up to my standard or not.

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've noticed a weird phenomenon on my channel that there are times when I think the video isn't good enough, but I still upload it at the end of the day, mainly because of how much effort I put on editing it, but usually that video goes really well! And on the other hand, the videos that I think are really good aren't received as well as the one I though was "meh". So it's weird, I think you should upload them either way, see what the community thinks of it, because it may surprise you.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This happens to me quite often, and I realise that 90% of the time I scrap the video because I only made it to get an upload out on time.. not because I actually felt passionate about making a video, or even happy for that matter.
I think its more important to enjoy what you're doing than to make sure you get a video out on exactly the right day at the right time every week, Just do what you feel comfortable with, I guess haha

But yes, I've scrapped plenty of videos.. One of them I was like 'this is so stupid..' but I ended up editing it and uploading it anyway, It's on private now and I might show it in years to come as a joke.. I had stayed up for almost days straight and it was filmed at 6am hahah, I was slightly delusional....