Does a channel trailer really matter?

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Hey guys! So recently I realized something... I don't have a channel trailer!! In your opinions (and through experience) do channel trailers help you? Do they bring in more viewers because they have something to watch that gives a summary of your channel? Let me know :)

Of course it helps! I mean, when you see a trailer for a good movie, it entices you to watch it (supposed to anyway). Your channel trailer should do the same to making people want to subscribe. Doesn't have to be fancy if you can't do anything like that yet. Though, it's best to show them what they are in for, instead of just telling them. However, if that's all you can do, do that.

The channel trailer really does help. You use it too showcase past videos or future videos ththat pertain to your channel and it can definitely bring in some subscribers. It usually automaautomatically plays if you are on the person's channel page so the first 5-10 seconds are crucial.

Of course it helps! I mean, when you see a trailer for a good movie, it entices you to watch it (supposed to anyway). Your channel trailer should do the same to making people want to subscribe. Doesn't have to be fancy if you can't do anything like that yet. Though, it's best to show them what they are in for, instead of just telling them. However, if that's all you can do, do that.

You're right! I think I'll get on to making one tonight. :)

The channel trailer really does help. You use it too showcase past videos or future videos ththat pertain to your channel and it can definitely bring in some subscribers. It usually automaautomatically plays if you are on the person's channel page so the first 5-10 seconds are crucial.

Yeah, I've noticed that there is an auto-play on people's channels and watching a summary on what their channel is about is definitely important especially for first impressions. Thank you for your feedback. :)

Most of the channels I subscribed to are because of the channel trailers.

Good to know m8, thanks :D

I got an email from Google that they might use my channel trailer in their Creator Academy as an example of a trailer that clearly states what the channel is about. I'd say that the trailer is very important.

Hey guys! So recently I realized something... I don't have a channel trailer!! In your opinions (and through experience) do channel trailers help you? Do they bring in more viewers because they have something to watch that gives a summary of your channel? Let me know :)
They won't bring in more subs but it's good to introduce what videos u make

I wonder what Jeffs thoughts are from @WrecklessEating on this as they dont use one on their channel, surely there must be good reasons not to if they arent but they could be specific to their niche. Me personally I have never bothered, I do see how they can tell those who arent subscribed about your channel and entice them to susbcribe but I like showing off my last video or another video which I choose to feature which I feel might perform better than a trailer.

I should probably make one sometime and test it out and see how they perform, I wonder if they drive more subscriptions statistically than any other video on larger channels.

Back