Do You Use Reddit?

There is a lot of "Inappropriate Child Image" on Reddit, so keep an eye out for suspicious links and such dude.
I honestly have no intention of browsing that sad excuse for a website, the pages look AWFUL! Thanks anyways, I was just going to post my videos there if it got some exposure, now I'm thinking otherwise.
The let's play subreddit is OK.
That's the only place I recommend posting your videos, if you even make those, lol. I've tried other subreddits and you just get nonconstructive comments and weird elitists tell you they're better. (Not all the time, but it happens too often not to say).

The non-video related subreddits range from horrible to good.
I do make lets plays, but I was trying to get my sketches/vlogs out there.

So uh, this dude recently was like, "Ah dude! Post your videos on reddit ya know braaaaaa!!!" So I was all, alright, lets see. So I go on the site, and first off, my jaw hits the desk about how horrible and cluttered it looks... But then I realize, there are a lot of videos on here, so I made an account, (Once I sorted through all the mess) and posted my most recent video, I'm not sure if I did everything right, because this site looks like its straight out of 2001. So uh, have you used this for video promotion? And if so, has it helped?

Hah. The site design is the pinnacle of masculine UI - whereas Pinterest is the pinnacle of feminine UI. Most sites seem to split the difference. But reddit is honestly one of the best-designed sites for its audience.

Reddit can be a great place to get views, but not if you're the one who submitted the videos. Nobody likes a karma *****.

Hah. The site design is the pinnacle of masculine UI - whereas Pinterest is the pinnacle of feminine UI. Most sites seem to split the difference. But reddit is honestly one of the best-designed sites for its audience.

Reddit can be a great place to get views, but not if you're the one who submitted the videos. Nobody likes a karma *****.
OOOOoooohh, I don't even know what karma is. So I need to wait till someone else posts my vid on there? Or I'll get hate... Hmm, I'm not sure what I think about this...

It will vary from subreddit to subreddit - but many people tend to dislike self-promotion.
Oh, I had no idea. I am getting a few views since posting that like ten minutes ago, I am fearing the comments... I feel like I messed up. :crying:

Oh, I had no idea. I am getting a few views since posting that like ten minutes ago, I am fearing the comments... I feel like I messed up. :crying:

Nah, man. You will get a few views - but stuff will likely get buried on reddit relatively quickly - some people will downvote just because it's you that posted it.

Personally, I find it's worthwhile if you think your video has some viral potential (but even then...probably best to get someone else to post it).[DOUBLEPOST=1365385801,1365385751][/DOUBLEPOST]

But don't stress out too much - you're not going to ruin opportunities to promote future videos by having promoted this one :)

Nah, man. You will get a few views - but stuff will likely get buried on reddit relatively quickly - some people will downvote just because it's you that posted it.

Personally, I find it's worthwhile if you think your video has some viral potential (but even then...probably best to get someone else to post it).
k, and what is that (1) beside my name? Karma? And also (So many questions xD) is there a way to tag someone or something?

k, and what is that (1) beside my name? Karma? And also (So many questions xD) is there a way to tag someone or something?

Nope, you don't tag people. The (1) is karma - it's based on the amount of cumulative likes you get on your posts. It varies from subreddit to subreddit. If you have a high karma score, your posts are likely to shoot up higher. But you won't build karma quickly by sharing your own stuff.

Honestly, you're not going to see much of a return on it unless you're pretty active on there.

Nope, you don't tag people. The (1) is karma - it's based on the amount of cumulative likes you get on your posts. It varies from subreddit to subreddit. If you have a high karma score, your posts are likely to shoot up higher. But you won't build karma quickly by sharing your own stuff.

Honestly, you're not going to see much of a return on it unless you're pretty active on there.
I see, thanks!

Back