Do You Use Reddit?

Jacob Alsobrook

Yes, I have pants. Do I wear them? No.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So uh, this dude recently was like, "Ah dude! Post your videos on reddit ya know braaaaaa!!!" So I was all, alright, lets see. So I go on the site, and first off, my jaw hits the desk about how horrible and cluttered it looks... But then I realize, there are a lot of videos on here, so I made an account, (Once I sorted through all the mess) and posted my most recent video, I'm not sure if I did everything right, because this site looks like its straight out of 2001. So uh, have you used this for video promotion? And if so, has it helped?

Beanbag

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I only found that you will get A LOT of haters from there. I signed up an old channel to test it and yeah.. Nothing but negatives.

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I went on reddit a couple of times and just couldn't get to grips with it, it looks so messy, I couldn't find anything, but the only time I go on is when Nerd³ is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything)

Jacob Alsobrook

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I only found that you will get A LOT of haters from there. I signed up an old channel to test it and yeah.. Nothing but negatives.
Soooooo, should I take it down?

Beanbag

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The smaller subreddits are better. If you post on /r/videos they will be harsh on you.

If you are a gamer, try: www.reddit.com/r/letsplay
Try to post to a category that is close to your genre, not in just the videos section. Forgot to mention that, thanks Dee! <3

Reactions: Dee

Dee

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try to post to a category that is close to your genre, not in just the videos section. Forgot to mention that, thanks Dee! <3
Not much for us vloggers though. The letsplay subreddit looks really active

Reactions: pawtaytoe

Jacob Alsobrook

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The smaller subreddits are better. If you post on /r/videos they will be harsh on you.

If you are a gamer, try: www.reddit.com/r/letsplay
Whew, I posted it in the YouTube category. I ALMOST went video, then I decided YouTube. So, a bunch of trolls live on reddit? I can tell by sub suggestions a lot of pervs hang out there as well.

Beanbag

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Whew, I posted it in the YouTube category. I ALMOST went video, then I decided YouTube. So, a bunch of trolls live on reddit? I can tell by sub suggestions a lot of pervs hang out there as well.
There is a lot of "Inappropriate Child Image" on Reddit, so keep an eye out for suspicious links and such dude.

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
The let's play subreddit is OK.
That's the only place I recommend posting your videos, if you even make those, lol. I've tried other subreddits and you just get nonconstructive comments and weird elitists tell you they're better. (Not all the time, but it happens too often not to say).

The non-video related subreddits range from horrible to good.