Do you use a Made Up Name or Or Real Name for youtube

I used my real name! Mainly because my first channel was called 'Slushpuppygirls' and I couldn't live with the embarrassment of anything other than my own name :')

My channel name is obviously made up, but I made it over 4 years ago. If I were to make a channel now I would just use my name and avoid future regrets. :unsure:

I use a made up name that comes from a childhood nickname (and a 'the' stuck on the front because why not), because that's the username I usually use online. I have said my first name in my videos (in fact I believe I have it in my channel's about section), but I'm keeping my last name hidden because it's really uncommon and would therefore make it quite easy to stalk me!

I'm 50/50. "Commander" is made up, "Matt" is a nickname.

If you can't decide, use a mix of a real name and a made up name. :)

I use a made up name that I've used for a very long time and it's pretty much my middle name by now, but I also have no problem with people possibly knowing my real name.

I made my channel back in 2009 and at the time, I was still scared about internet security thanks to my parents... So I used a username I'd been using for a lot of other internet websites as a teen (since 2005 in fact!). The username is catchy enough and I still quite like the ambiguity of it... How it has a double meaning.

I've come across a lot of people who refer to me as Sam4G0d as it's easy to remember, even my friends sometimes call me that as a joke. But Sam is also my nickname, so it helps people remember my name :) My full first name is Samar and I don't hide that - people can see my full name on Twitter in fact, even though my Twitter username is still Sam4God.

I suggest not having your real name, just because of safety. I think it is okay for your fans to know your real name, like my views at least know my first name. But overall I would use a fake name just as a safety precaution.

Back