Do you make more money now that you're a Partner?

How have your earnings changed since becoming a partner?

• I'm rich NOW, I wasn't before!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • My earnings have doubled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I make a little more than before

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I make the same amount I did before I partnered

• I'm making less money since I became a partner

• Total voters

PrettyKeli

PrettyKeli
Many people are trying to decide if becoming a partner is worth it, so I thought this post could help.

After you vote on the poll, please answer these questions:

1. What has partnership done for your youtube channel?
2. What did you do differently since becoming a partner, that you feel has helped you grow?
3. How has the company that you partnered with helped you? (besides yt partner privileges)
4.If you could go back in time... would you become a partner again or fly solo?

I can't tell if I'm earning more because I won't see a report until the end of my first month as partner. I know they say I'm making 30% more than I was and I am higher in the search engines now. I have not noticed a change in subscriber growth rate, it's pretty much exactly how it was, I get a sub or two every day and I go up about 4-6 every time I put out a video, that's how it was before I got partnered. Fullscreen lists a whole lot of services they provide in their contract, sponsorship, collaborations they set up between small partners and large partners, I have not been contacted about any of these things. However keep in mind I've been a partner I think I a little over a week.

Now while I can't verify that I'm making more money, I see no way I wouldn't be, before I was a partner I couldn't monetize any of my music videos, now they all get monetized immediately.

I have actually noticed a drop in my view count on individual videos since being partnered, I'm still climbing at a few hundred total video views a day, but I used to get around 100 views on each new video within 24 hours, that is now cut in half to about 50. However, MANY people are saying their view counts are dropping and attributing it to this glitch that's been going around and I just happened to get partnered right as the whole glitch thing occurred. So I highly doubt having banners and a thumbnail have caused my views to drop, I'd attribute it to whatever problem is going around with most every channel.

The one thing I'm frustrated with my network about is that I e-mailed them and basically said "ok I'm a partner, where do I go from here?" And they didn't respond for a week. I then e-mailed and asked a question about my W-9 and asked them to respond to my question and told them I'd been hurt by the glitch, and they wrote back telling me how to do the W-9 and said alot of their partners were hurt by the glitch and youtube would fix it soon, but ignored my question about how to promote and what to do from here.

I don't know if it was just an honest mistake, or if they're just like "you're on your own" at this point I am still very happy to be a partner and wouldn't unmake my decision in becoming one for a second, but I am disappointed that I don't feel like I'm as much a part of a team as I thought I'd be. I also thought there'd be a forum or a place where I could meet all the other partners on my network and get to know others, like I'd be in on a special club. it's not seeming to be like that at all, I've searched and searched for some kind of "fullscreen partners group" and there just doesn't seem to be one.

So I guess to summarize, I AM very happy with the results, and glad to be a partner, but I am ALSO a little bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to be AS helpful as I'd always imagined.

Q: What has partnership done for your youtube channel?

A: It doesn`t matter if you are a Partner or not since it`s still depends on your Content if you are growing or not. I did grow when I wasn`t a YouTube Partner and I`m still growing after I became a YouTube Partner. The Fact that you are a YouTube Partner doesn`t help you at any moment since it does depend only on you and your own Daily Work if you keep growing or not.

Q: What did you do differently since becoming a partner, that you feel has helped you grow?

A: Nothing.

Q: How has the company that you partnered with helped you? (besides yt partner privileges)

A: I`ll report back when I will see something that might be worth being mentioned.

Q: If you could go back in time... would you become a partner again or fly solo?

A: A Network should usually take care of every bureaucracy Part of YouTube for you so you can keep focus on doing what you do. Some don`t do that and you shouldn`t waste a single Day with those if you get a Message like "Please take care of it and tell us how it went" because you should instead providing Content so both sides gain something from it. So to answer your Question - I would have probably become a Partner but had made from the Beginning clear what I am expecting from a Partnership and if someone can or is willing to do that Part.

Q: What has partnership done for your youtube channel?

A: It doesn`t matter if you are a Partner or not since it`s still depends on your Content if you are growing or not. I did grow when I wasn`t a YouTube Partner and I`m still growing after I became a YouTube Partner. The Fact that you are a YouTube Partner doesn`t help you at any moment since it does depend only on you and your own Daily Work if you keep growing or not.

Q: What did you do differently since becoming a partner, that you feel has helped you grow?

A: Nothing.

Q: How has the company that you partnered with helped you? (besides yt partner privileges)

A: I`ll report back when I will see something that might be worth being mentioned.

Q: If you could go back in time... would you become a partner again or fly solo?

A: A Network should usually take care of every bureaucracy Part of YouTube for you so you can keep focus on doing what you do. Some don`t do that and you shouldn`t waste a single Day with those if you get a Message like "Please take care of it and tell us how it went" because you should instead providing Content so both sides gain something from it. So to answer your Question - I would have probably become a Partner but had made from the Beginning clear what I am expecting from a Partnership and if someone can or is willing to do that Part.
Yeah I really wanted help with promotion and managing my channel, fullscreen hasn't really provided anything other than thumbnails and a banner. It's better than not being a partner, but it's certainly not the aid I was looking for.

A lot of User are joining a bigger Networks and believe that it is similar to getting a Contract with a Marketing Company. This isn`t the Case and I sadly did learned it the hard Way.

A lot of User are joining a bigger Networks and believe that it is similar to getting a Contract with a Marketing Company. This isn`t the Case and I sadly did learned it the hard Way.
yep, me too. I mean you hear "fullscreen" and think getting partnered with them means you have arrived! Not so much...
--- merged: Jun 24, 2012 at 9:31 PM ---
however I don't want to sound like I'm badmouthing fullscreen, I am thankful they partnered me and thankful for the help they have provided, I just expected more but I guess that was me being naive

yep, me too. I mean you hear "fullscreen" and think getting partnered with them means you have arrived! Not so much...

Don`t get me wrong. I`m not only talking about Fullscreen. The posted List inside the PARTNER NETWORKS ON YOUTUBE!!! Thread seem to be huge but in the End only a few Networks do actually provide Feature that made them stand.

Nowadays joining a Network isn`t the hardest Part if you keep providing Content and also redefine yourself every few Months to increase your Views.

Some Networks seem to have grown so fast that they seem to forgot who made them big and I sadly can`t believe that`s how it should have been in the End.

Honestly with fullscreen I think the whole "A close mouth doesn't get fed" motto works. If you have 100's of people partnered there is really no way to cater to each individual. So me personally I contact them and ask as many questions as I can think of in detail to help with my channel, and they respond, and it helps.

Back