Do you hide the fact you have a youtube channel from friends?

I personally don't hide it, I just don't share it through my private Facebook account. I've set-up Facebook page and use this as a marketing tool. But I am not really afraid of sharing it with friends. I really want to increase views and subs by finding real fans. Friends and Family will subscribe, no big deal, but they might not watch it daily, which sucks. So I rather build a solid audience and maybe some friends will find it, but as long as I am on the bottom of the food chain, I will keep YouTube separate from fans and family. My ma knows I am doing YouTube, I also send her links, but I asked not to subscribe.

all of my friends and most of my family and relatives know about my channel. Friends and family are a great way to start your channel and get a decent headstart

My mum knows, but that's because she'd find out sooner or later after wondering why i'm talking to myself so much from the other side of the house. Also only two of my friends know, they're the kind that gives honest and constructive opinions that I find helpful as i'm starting out. Unless someone brings it up I probably won't bother mentioning it, it's just for my own fun mostly.

I used to.. hardly any one knows I've been on youtube 7 months and not many people know I've only just started telling frirends but only if its kind of came up.. a lot of people where i live are very snakey to say the least so i keep it to my self

I kept it sheltered for a year until I hit a 100 subs because of insecurity and I was scared for negativity. Now I just bluntly tell anyone because I'm really proud of my channel and seems I'm getting nothing but support sooooo Yesh!!

i havent kept it a secret from my brother and sister.
i have kept it for a secret from my mother then one day i told her i make these videos but never showed her and i don;t think she had seen them.
but yes, i do keep it away from my friends, i don't think they need to know. youtube is a relax zone for me.

I keep my channel to myself and only share it with my closest friends, high school can be judgemental!
Same here. I know how my friends are. They would take every opportunity to mess it up for me because they don't take anything seriously.

Back