Do you hide the fact you have a youtube channel from friends?

I feel like if you have to hide your channel then you must feel ashamed of your channel so regardless of what your friends or family think or are into they will support you just my opinion.

Yep, it's a challenge. I'd rather they somehow came upon it themselves and it would be like a checkpoint mark. If they don't, that's fine too.

After 5 videos I put one in Facebook. Every message from my Friedan was "why didn't you tell us sooner?" Before using fb I tried to tell my mom and brothers but they didn't understand what I was doing and didn't know I was making videos. They thought I wanted them to watch someone else's or something. Then my mom saw and didn't know it was me!

My friends and family know about my channel but they really aren't interested in my content. My family only watches my videos when I literally put my iPad in their face and say, "You have to watch my video."

My channel does not focus on me and my life. If I had a channel that was more personal, I would only selectively share it with individuals that I know.

I dont really hide it, but im not really open about it either, the way i see it is Youtube is a hobby just something i do for fun if they ask about it yeah ill tell them but if they dont then i dont really bring it up

most of my friends know yes, some now watch and follow me, my mum knows about it so no i dont keep it a secret, i dont see why you should, its doing something good with your life i reckon.

At first, I was quite hesitant about letting those around me know about my channel because I thought they wouldn't "get it" or they'd know more about me than I was comfortable with. But as I've grown, Ive realized that I'm proud of my channel and if I can feel comfortable with complete strangers watching my videos, why not people I actually know?

Not everyone is going to get it, not everyone is going to support it, but some people will. I still get nervous about sharing my content on my social media and don't do it often, but I wouldn't go out of my way to hide the fact that I make videos, and I find myself sharing it with others who I think may be interested in the content that I upload.

Back