Do You Ever Feel Like Quitting YouTube?

Passion over everything. If you are very passionate about something, you will keep going no matter what, keep improving and being proud of what you are achieving. If you aren't passionate about making videos, stop and find something else to do!

I don’t want to quit. I do want to make more but take more time to make it meaning less frequent videos but also use that as downtime. I guess that’s hard to explain. I want to put out 40-60 minute vids once a month and whatever time is in between those don’t bother about it. Instead I’m doing 2-3 10-20 minute vids a month.

No never:) It is hard at times no doubt about that, especially when you don´t feel like it´s going slow and if you don´t have the time you wish you had. But at these times it is good to remind yourself why you started in the first place, and hopefully you started YT because you enjoy it (if not you would probably quit in times like this;))

Well, recently, I got a lot of bad feedback on my video (it did do wonders for my watch time, though :D).
I never want to quit, it is so fun and energizing, but sometimes, i wish I could turn off the comments.
I mean... I know I can do it, but whenever I see comments turned off, it grinds my gears.

I have started a bunch of YouTube channels in the past that have not grown fast. I have felt like I am at war with YouTube. My current channel is an attempt to get some small community of YouTube to work the way it should. Which is to say, trying to create a supportive cooperative place in a sea of dog-eat-dog competitive nastiness.

Update: Seriously thinking about quitting my gaming channel though. 3 views on my latest video and they are probably my own while I set up the video... LOL! Man it sucks being a new YouTuber, no engagement, no views, don't even think about adding subscribers. Nope, this starting out business is not for the faint of heart.

Yes. But im impatient and expect myself to blow up after every video.. but i guess patience, perserverence and passion is the key. The 3 P's

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would never quit - I make too damn much money from it!

Solid, but most of us are not in that boat. And not getting any engagement is a valid reason for calling it quits. Big or small, it takes the same amount of effort to produce content. Now if you expect the world when you just started out and quit because of that reason? You started YouTube for the wrong reasons. Everyone dreams about making it big when they first start out, there are only a select few that make it, and another select few that move forward despite not having the success the dreamed about. The rest complain about the lack of views and fade away.

Back