Do You Ever Feel Like Quitting YouTube?

I never feel like quitting youtube, but I have terminated several of my own channels. It wasn't the lack of views, I had plenty of those. It was that I was not enjoying what I was doing. Now I am, but, I am trying to gain the views back and that little audience I can depend on to watch my videos.

No.
In first place I started my channel to have my videos in one place and to share with a few friends. I started to care about growing the channel, getting views and stuff a lot later and it's very slowly growing. I'd still be making videos, if my channel wouldn't grow anymore.

So, do you?
What's keeps you motivated to keep going forward and making videos? Does your channel feel like it is going nowhere and you just want to tap out? My channel is not growing fast and I'm not getting a ton of views but I enjoy it. Not the part of not growing fast, but the part about making videos.
Even if my subscriber base stays the same, I just enjoy what I do and pleasing the few subscribers I have. And no, I may never do this as a full time job(I would like to), but the time I devote to YouTube, I give it 110%.

So what motivates you to keep going?

All the time dude. When you upload a video at this level and get no response what so ever it sucks. But i firmly believe it's the people who push through this that get somewhere on YouTube. You've just got to find a way to keep motivated and find support amongst others. I find that talking to other similar youtubers and knowing you're not alone is the best way. Sorry to get too deep haha. Have a good day !

I don't know about quitting but I think some weeks or months I don't upload as much as I would like. I don't think that means I quit I just think it means that I can't put as much time into it as I would like. As long as I enjoy the content I create when I create, I'm sure I am fine. And as long as my viewers like it too, then I am good. Now, if I did this as a way to make money and support myself I may have quit because i don't know how fulfilled I would be doing this to sustain my lifestyle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Passion over everything. If you are very passionate about something, you will keep going no matter what, keep improving and being proud of what you are achieving. If you aren't passionate about making videos, stop and find something else to do!
This is what I always tell people, if you’re not passionate about what you do it will be so easy to just walk away and that’s okay that just means that hobby isn’t for that person.[DOUBLEPOST=1530041652,1530041573][/DOUBLEPOST]
What kept me going actually was "at least been able to put a smile on people's face" even thou it's not reaching everybody as expected.

It's not about the money most times but the happiness you find in making others happy.
That’s one of the reasons why I do it to make people happy and because I’m passionate! It’s awesome that you’re doing it to make others happy!

I never want to quit. I like to learn new things and share that with the world. Sometimes motivation is just a little lower than another time, but that's normal I think. I'm getting more motivation again since last week because of new ideas:)

I've NEVER felt like quitting, But I have taken breaks from my channel before.

The nice thing is that it still generates income even when I take breaks.

All the time, but especially during the school year. I have very little time when I'm at school so I don't upload often then, but when I'm not uploading I feel lazy and feel like I should just stop making videos all together cause I literally have no way to be consistent. Honestly, the only reason I keep making videos is because I enjoy doing it and I enjoy putting in the work I do with my videos. I like the responses I get from what I make too, which is probably the biggest factor tbh.

Back