Do You Enjoy Video Editing?

So I'm a guy who used to utterly DETEST video editing, but the longer that I've made videos, the more that I've come to enjoy it. As a matter of fact, I now really like video editing. I find it to be a lot of fun!

How do you feel about video editing?

So I'm a guy who used to utterly DETEST video editing, but the longer that I've made videos, the more that I've come to enjoy it. As a matter of fact, I now really like video editing. I find it to be a lot of fun!

How do you feel about video editing?
I only enjoy editing if I have EVERYTHING planned out beforehand. I hate editing If I have to be creative in post-production.
The first way makes it fast and easy, because it's just following a guideline i set out for myself. The latter makes it a 20+hour hell of second guessing myself.

I only enjoy editing if I have EVERYTHING planned out beforehand. I hate editing If I have to be creative in post-production.
The first way makes it fast and easy, because it's just following a guideline i set out for myself. The latter makes it a 20+hour hell of second guessing myself.

What do you mean by be creative in post-production? Do you mean like doing things to make the video interesting without having planned it beforehand?

I have a love-hate relationship with editing. I like it and hate it depending on the situation.

See its not that I hate video editing. I found an easy way to do if for myself :p. So If im recording a highlight video for funnies I have my phone next to me and everytime something happens that I think is funny I hit the lap button so i know exactly where to go. It cuts my video making time in like fourths. It will make it easier and u wont have to edit as often :)

See its not that I hate video editing. I found an easy way to do if for myself :p. So If im recording a highlight video for funnies I have my phone next to me and everytime something happens that I think is funny I hit the lap button so i know exactly where to go. It cuts my video making time in like fourths. It will make it easier and u wont have to edit as often :)

So smart!!

What do you mean by be creative in post-production? Do you mean like doing things to make the video interesting without having planned it beforehand?
Yea in a way. A big part of my videos are the pictures I present. They help illustrate points or jokes I am making throughout my videos. What I learned is to have every little detail thought out before filming right down to the pictures, even if that means spending more time with the script. That way when i get to the editing, all I have to do is follow the guidelines I set for myself from beginning to end.

Back