Do You Enjoy Video Editing?

TheGamingInc

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I enjoy editing videos, "if" I know what I'm doing. If I have everything planned, or I have something "unique", that's the best part of video editing.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I enjoy it when inspiration strikes and allows me to tell a different story or emphasise humour in a certain situation or even something as simple as words to put in text make me enjoy it. But when inspiration doesn't strike at all and I end up with a video that's barely edited and I'm not satisfied with the recording, then I don't enjoy editing. I have a 1hr long video to edit soon which I'm putting off for a bit since I don't want to cut it down xD

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I love editing. Editing can save or ruin a video. You are essentially weaving together a story with the materials you have!
I can see though why people would find it boring and such. But without good editing, your video wouldn't be your video!

To some, its just a painfully slow process preventing you from uploading your video. But at least you now have somewhat of an understanding of how hard it can be for editors to create your favorite films. And the vloggers and gamers do are very simple! Imagine what people do to create Guardians of the Galaxy!
I think people should see editing as the mastering of your video. Editing is the photoshop of peoples photos. You are polishing yourself and your video till you love it.
Without it, a lot of us would look like sh*t XD

Reactions: Sabrina

Azren the Language Nerd

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love editing. Editing can save or ruin a video. You are essentially weaving together a story with the materials you have!
I can see though why people would find it boring and such. But without good editing, your video wouldn't be your video!

To some, its just a painfully slow process preventing you from uploading your video. But at least you now have somewhat of an understanding of how hard it can be for editors to create your favorite films. And the vloggers and gamers do are very simple! Imagine what people do to create Guardians of the Galaxy!
I think people should see editing as the mastering of your video. Editing is the photoshop of peoples photos. You are polishing yourself and your video till you love it.
Without it, a lot of us would look like sh*t XD
Exactly!!! I definitely agree when you say that you're "weaving together a story", that's why I enjoy editing :) When I first started making videos, I saw editing as an annoying necessity, as opposed to a way to "paint" a picture, or create a story. Once my perspective switched, that's when I started to enjoy editing

Reactions: ProfKranc

The Math Sorcerer

I've Got It
Reaction score
I've never edited a video. If adding a link counts then yes, but no other edits. I find it very time consuming to edit. For me it's easier to just start over from scratch, although this makes it frustrating especially if I mess up 3-4 times!!

Azren the Language Nerd

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've never edited a video. If adding a link counts then yes, but no other edits. I find it very time consuming to edit. For me it's easier to just start over from scratch, although this makes it frustrating especially if I mess up 3-4 times!!
What kinds of videos do you make? That's so lucky you don't need to edit! Whenever I record videos, even if I did a PERFECT job of shooting and made no mistakes, I'd still have to edit because I add music, jump cuts, title screens, intros/outros, transitions... etc. All to make the video more interesting haha

Reactions: The Math Sorcerer

The Math Sorcerer

I've Got It
Reaction score
What kinds of videos do you make? That's so lucky you don't need to edit! Whenever I record videos, even if I did a PERFECT job of shooting and made no mistakes, I'd still have to edit because I add music, jump cuts, title screens, intros/outros, transitions... etc. All to make the video more interesting haha
I just solve math problems and sometimes make longer videos explaining concepts and/or how to solve certain types of math problems in general. I mess up a lot, probably because I get nervous because I know that if I mess up I have to start over! If I say the wrong thing or write the wrong thing I just delete the video. Sometimes I can add a caption but if it's a big mistake that I can't live with, I delete it.

I once made a video that I messed up like 5 times, thought I had it, and bam, found a mistake. I made the same video the following week and messed it up several times again. Two weeks later I finally made the video(no mistakes).

My videos are short, 1min to 5min on average, with an occasional video over 10 min(those are super tough for me as usually it's several problems or one really long problem). Hard to do with no mistakes(verbally or written).

Azren the Language Nerd

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just solve math problems and sometimes make longer videos explaining concepts and/or how to solve certain types of math problems in general. I mess up a lot, probably because I get nervous because I know that if I mess up I have to start over! If I say the wrong thing or write the wrong thing I just delete the video. Sometimes I can add a caption but if it's a big mistake that I can't live with, I delete it.

I once made a video that I messed up like 5 times, thought I had it, and bam, found a mistake. I made the same video the following week and messed it up several times again. Two weeks later I finally made the video(no mistakes).

My videos are short, 1min to 5min on average, with an occasional video over 10 min(those are super tough for me as usually it's several problems or one really long problem). Hard to do with no mistakes(verbally or written).
Oh okay cool! I can see why you'd need less editing with that type of video, but man I can see why it'd be tough! Personally I'd have the issue of not making mistakes AND the fact that I'm awful at Math :pP

Reactions: The Math Sorcerer