Do you copy your favorites?

HowToDudes

I know we all have favorite youtubers we look up to. Do you ever find yourself trying to copy their videos and make the same content?

Yeah I agree with @Dave2017 on this one. When it comes to making video responses, there's a few channels that inspire me to make video responses. What I always notice in my videos is that despite what I try to aim for, it's always unique in such a way that people wouldn't think that certain YouTubers are my inspiration for making videos. Same with my music, really. When I first started making music, I wanted to sound a lot like my favorite artist. Despite how close I may have gotten, it always turned out different and unique. I could never match up to my favorites. When I do stuff now, I just tend to think about my style and how it can be used for future projects. Either way, we all start somewhere. And for some of us, our inspirations are our origins (not sure if that sentence makes sense, but it does to me lol) because we look up to them.

I won't copy the work of someone else; however, I am certainly inspired by the work of my favorite YouTubers.

I would watch how they talk, record and how they give out their message.

For instance, I do unboxing videos and reviews, so I would watch how my favorite YouTuber does their videos and I will try to improve mine quality and content wise.

Everyone "copies" their favorite youtubers to an extent. That's just what inspiration does, makes you want to be just like the person or people who inspire you.

I wouldn´t say copy.. I prefer to say I use my favorite youtubers for inspiration:)
legit took the words straight out of my mouth i had that exact sentence lined up LOL

but yea not copy but you get inspired by there work cause its the stuff you love to watch and it will be the content you have most fun doing which makes better vids

If I see something I like in videos I try to give it some extra bit so that it gets my style.

There's a great difference between "copying" and drawing "inspiration" from.

Copying is essentially ripping someone off.
Drawing inspiration from is emulating a few certain aspects of something, and transforming/tweaking it to suit your personal style/ adding your own flair to it.

I look to similar channels like mine to inspire me once in a while when I'm not feeling so motivated, it reminds me to keep my standards high so that I make (what I deem) quality content, and don't settle for anything less.
Like a friendly competition (that only I know about) :p

Not at all. My absolute favorite YouTubers are other puppeteers, and we all do completely different types of puppetry. It would be immediately obvious if I were trying to copy one of them, and it would be disingenuous of me to even try.

Back