Do You Act On "Viral Ideas"?

Not at all, but I do at times target topics that have a higher SEO rank. Outside of that, I just make vids of things that I find intriguing and that other people can benefit from my input. Or at the very least, enjoy my video's presentation on the topic =) I never bother crossing fingers much. Just do as I do and receive whatever I get from it!

Not at all, but I do at times target topics that have a higher SEO rank. Outside of that, I just make vids of things that I find intriguing and that other people can benefit from my input. Or at the very least, enjoy my video's presentation on the topic =) I never bother crossing fingers much. Just do as I do and receive whatever I get from it!
When I think of topics they're always things that intrigue me, don't get me wrong. I would never solely do a video for it to have the chance to go viral if I didn't like the idea and so on, hence the fact that I've overlooked some of my more, irrelevant to my own content, ideas. Basically, if you don't have a passion toward a video, there's no chance in it getting anywhere anyway, since the delivery will suffer.

I have exactly the same problem as you. My channel would have grown so much if I hadn't procrastinated. Some large event or announcement in the media or gaming world is revealed and I come up with ambitions of how I can profit on such events. Thing is I never do because I am lazy and an excessive procrastinator. For example late last year Star Wars Battlefront (2015) Beta was open for everyone to play. I was severely disappointed at how little content there was in the game and how bad the gameplay mechanics were compared to the originals. I contemplated on making a rant video comparing the aspects of the new game to the originals but I couldn't be bothered. Not that I didn't have any time during the beta, I made excuses to myself that it is only in the beta stage and that you should judge things based off that. I then tried to squeeze out what little enjoyment I got from playing the game. What really took me by surprise is that some other people on YouTube had posted their thoughts and rants on the game and were getting tens of thousands of views and it was at this point I began regretting myself.

I've had a few video ideas in the past which were completely possible for me to make, however, I would just spend so much time thinking about doing it and procrastinating that, by the time I feel like getting around to doing it, it's often become irrelevant

I've done this more times than I can count. Some of it is plain 'ol fear of the risk working out, most of it is given the nature of animation-it takes too long and it really shows if I rush something just for a trend. I remember when "what color is the dress" was new I got some lines recorded for a cartoon involving it, but since viral stuff and trends just kind of pop up out of no where (and thus was interfering with scheduled/pre-planned projects I was already working on)-I was afraid it would come off as rushed so I dropped it.

Other times include never finishing my Harlem Shake video past thumbnails/storyboards, being too scared to upload an animated cover of the three random guys, never finishing any of ice bucket video animations, it just goes on and on. Sometimes I do wonder if these were missed opportunities to grow my channel, but being too stuck in "would've, could've, should've" can be an even bigger problem of mine. Heh. Tough to say.

I do want to get an Overwatch video out this week though. I'm pretty determined to do it.

Regardless of if I feel like something could potentially go viral. I look at it objectively and consider whether or not it's a good video or idea. If I like what I'm thinking of I'll do it or write it down (depending on if it needs to be done quick or can be delayed until I have the appropriate amount of time).
Viral or not a good video is a good video.

Back