Do i hide or reveal my subscriber count?

I personally don't care what number of subscribers a person has when I'm watching their video, if I like their content then I like it! I have my numbers up because I'm pretty proud of how far I've come (it's cool to see the number go up and watch yourself go from 0 to 10 to 100 and beyond that!) and I think you should put it up just to boost your confidence and all that! Seriously, seeing the number of subscribers you have go up is super cool and makes me at least feel all good about the videos I put out so maybe it'll do the same for you too!

And don't be too worried about people subscribing or not because you only have 12 subscribers; 12 people is still super awesome and you should flaunt it!

I made the same exact question like 2 months ago when I had less than 20 subs. Most of the people told me not to hide my sub count, I had the same doubts as you and thought that having 20 or less subs will discourage people to subscribe and it's true, if people see a new channel or with not many videos they will not subscribe.

Nevertheless, now that I have 3K subs you have no idea how people love to see how the channel is growing and writing comments like I was the 123 subscriber, etc. So in my experience DON'T hide your sub count, subscribers will come eventually and they are more loyal when they see that growth, they will be impressed with your growth and that will keep them around so is totally worth it!

All good points already said. Show it and let it be out there to keep you motivated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made the same exact question like 2 months ago when I had less than 20 subs. Most of the people told me not to hide my sub count, I had the same doubts as you and thought that having 20 or less subs will discourage people to subscribe and it's true, if people see a new channel or with not many videos they will not subscribe.

Nevertheless, now that I have 3K subs you have no idea how people love to see how the channel is growing and writing comments like I was the 123 subscriber, etc. So in my experience DON'T hide your sub count, subscribers will come eventually and they are more loyal when they see that growth, they will be impressed with your growth and that will keep them around so is totally worth it!
Thanks so much. It's really nice to hear this from you particularly as you were in the same position not so long ago. Your growth is indeed amazing! From less than 20subs two months ago to 3k subs(In two months!). That's terrific. Currently up to twenty subs now and looking forward to what the future brings[DOUBLEPOST=1530625072,1530624883][/DOUBLEPOST]
I personally don't care what number of subscribers a person has when I'm watching their video, if I like their content then I like it! I have my numbers up because I'm pretty proud of how far I've come (it's cool to see the number go up and watch yourself go from 0 to 10 to 100 and beyond that!) and I think you should put it up just to boost your confidence and all that! Seriously, seeing the number of subscribers you have go up is super cool and makes me at least feel all good about the videos I put out so maybe it'll do the same for you too!

And don't be too worried about people subscribing or not because you only have 12 subscribers; 12 people is still super awesome and you should flaunt it!
Thanks a lot for such an amazing reply. Decided to go with the suggestion I got from you guys and I am excited to see what the future brings. I am currently up to 20subs now and it feels good to see results no matter how small it might seem.[DOUBLEPOST=1530625102][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks a lot for such an amazing reply. Decided to go with the suggestion I got from you guys and I am excited to see what the future brings. I am currently up to 20subs now and it feels good to see results no matter how small it might seem.

IMO there is no point hiding it. The theory is definitely true that there are people of that mindset, but even with a low sub count it is possible for videos to perform well ( more views than your sub count and good ratings coming from people who aren't subbed ).

Hey guys, so, I am torn between hiding the number of my subscribers or showing it. The reason is because my subscriber count is currently low ( 12 subscribers, that I am grateful to have) and I feel that might discourage viewers to subscribe or even watch my content. I would love to hear your opinions on this. What are the pros or cons of hiding it or revealing it as well.
[DOUBLEPOST=1530968041,1530967535][/DOUBLEPOST]I can understand your doubt, but first and foremost is to feel confident with your contents. Im 100% sure you will NOT make EVERYONE who watch your contents happy.
In my HUMBLE OPINION HERE, like I do, just let it be. Show it. Little are a time you will see the number count increase.
Before confident with your content (not that I'm saying you're NOT).
Good luck to all little YouTubers, like myself, maparis & maparisfitness).

Hide it, it does make a difference you get more subs that way people judge you on popularity and always want to hang were everyone is. You WILL get more subscribers faster as long as you have the views coming in. When was the last time you saw on T.V. how many people are currently watching????

Back