Do i hide or reveal my subscriber count?

NNEKA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, so, I am torn between hiding the number of my subscribers or showing it. The reason is because my subscriber count is currently low ( 12 subscribers, that I am grateful to have) and I feel that might discourage viewers to subscribe or even watch my content. I would love to hear your opinions on this. What are the pros or cons of hiding it or revealing it as well.

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I feel (personally) that it's off putting when people hide their numbers. I get why some people might do it, but it shows me that you have no confidence in your work, ya know? Or like you are trying to deceive me some how. I'd rather see the number and see good work and be like WOW, this person is sooooo underrated- than you hiding it because when you hide it, it kinda gives off the impression that you are doing it for the fame or money rather than doing it because you enjoy it.
There's no shame in wanting to make a living out of doing what you love, but if you love it, it will show through your work and the numbers will come. People might disagree but this is my two sense.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
exactly same noumber here.

to cheer you up all youtubers passed from this noumber and it is a lucky one! I am willing to keep it for a long time!!! :p

kind more serious, If I like a video I hit the button, Never care for channel's overall performance of popularity.

NNEKA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks, so much. I really appreciate the feedback[DOUBLEPOST=1529430398,1529430335][/DOUBLEPOST]
I feel (personally) that it's off putting when people hide their numbers. I get why some people might do it, but it shows me that you have no confidence in your work, ya know? Or like you are trying to deceive me some how. I'd rather see the number and see good work and be like WOW, this person is sooooo underrated- than you hiding it because when you hide it, it kinda gives off the impression that you are doing it for the fame or money rather than doing it because you enjoy it.
There's no shame in wanting to make a living out of doing what you love, but if you love it, it will show through your work and the numbers will come. People might disagree but this is my two sense.
Thanks, so much. I really appreciate the feedback[DOUBLEPOST=1529430562][/DOUBLEPOST]
exactly same noumber here.

to cheer you up all youtubers passed from this noumber and it is a lucky one! I am willing to keep it for a long time!!! :p

kind more serious, If I like a video I hit the button, Never care for channel's overall performance of popularity.
i like your sense of humor :) Cheers to hard work and consistency, hopefully, we won't be at 12subs for much longer

mbtv_vlogz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

I agree with this. When I see people who hide it, it makes me a little wary to subscribe. It makes me wonder why they are hiding it. You will grow, just keep working and have fun :)

Reactions: CristyTango

NNEKA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with this. When I see people who hide it, it makes me a little wary to subscribe. It makes me wonder why they are hiding it. You will grow, just keep working and have fun :)
Thank you. Will leave it out and be proud of my twelve subs and keep working hard:) Thanks for the feedback

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally don’t see the point In hiding your subscribers count, I think you should keep it up so every time you reach a new milestone your viewers can also be involved that way they know you appreciate it!:)

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If I see someone hiding their sub count, I automatically dismiss them, as I feel they are hiding something. Seems like a silly thing to hide.

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It much more suspicious and a turn off if someone hide their subscribers count. There is nothing ashamed of showing you have low subscribers because people don't even care at all. They just wanted to watch the video. Disabling comments is fine especially if there is a lot of idiot haters but hiding subscribers just felt so off. I mean seriously who do you want to hide it from anyway?