Disabled Monetization on ALL Videos and...

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Well, two things. I disabled monetization on all my videos and:
  1. The 'YouTube Partner' text on my dashboard is no more. It definitely wasn't full partnership as I have only 101 subbies
  2. I now have 'Custom Thumbnails' available (I'm guessing this is due to the rollout of this feature, which I read about on this forum)
I monetized one video to check if the 'YouTube' partner text will show up again.. it didn't.
Has anyone had a similar thing happen to them?

You have to have at least one video monetized to be considered a partner. I'd say that when you disabled them all, it was, in essence, you de-partnering yourself. Thus losing that verbiage on your analytics. Just a theory...

Not sure why the text wouldn't reappear when you monetized one again though, unless it's just lag on YouTubes part? Or maybe it takes a bit more to get it back in the program after you kill monetization. I honestly don't know though.

How's your Adsense? Is it still open and running?

You have to have at least one video monetized to be considered a partner. I'd say that when you disabled them all, it was, in essence, you de-partnering yourself. Thus losing that verbiage on your analytics. Just a theory...

Not sure why the text wouldn't reappear when you monetized one again though, unless it's just lag on YouTubes part? Or maybe it takes a bit more to get it back to rolling after you kill monetization. I honestly don't know though. How's your Adsense? Is it still open and running?
Thanks! Oooh, I didn't realise that! Thanks, so maybe I should expect that to change again soon?

I disabled monetization because I was worried about all the 'click bombing' stories I'd been reading about. As my channel is still tiny, I didn't want anything like that messing up future opportunities.
I checked Adsense and there's nothing that says it's not running, it has a new layout now. I also checked my YouTube setting and it says monetization is enabled for the channel.

Thanks again!

Thanks! Oooh, I didn't realise that! Thanks, so maybe I should expect that to change again soon?

I disabled monetization because I was worried about all the 'click bombing' stories I'd been reading about. As my channel is still tiny, I didn't want anything like that messing up future opportunities.
I checked Adsense and there's nothing that says it's not running, it has a new layout now. I also checked my YouTube setting and it says monetization is enabled for the channel.

Thanks again!

You're welcome! :)

Understandable on the click bombing fear. That's a big issue with YouTube/Adsense. A lot of good publishers have lost their accounts, unfairly, and with little route for appeal. I hope they get their policies revised someday. I gritted my teeth many a day over this very issue. That's a major reason I love network affiliation. While not bullet proof, you're a lot more protected from that sort of crap.

Ya gotta roll the dice to play the game though. :) I went for over a year and was never click bombed. I just bought stock in Ambisol (for my teeth gritting). lol

I hope you get it all figured out! :)

Oh, and they updated the layout, huh? I'm curious as to what it looks like now. lol

You're welcome! :)

Understandable on the click bombing fear. That's a big issue with YouTube/Adsense. A lot of good publishers have lost their accounts, unfairly, and with little route for appeal. I hope they get their policies revised someday. I gritted my teeth many a day over this very issue. That's a major reason I love network affiliation. While not bullet proof, you're a lot more protected from that sort of crap.

Ya gotta roll the dice to play the game though. :) I went for over a year and was never click bombed. I just bought stock in Ambisol (for my teeth gritting). lol

I hope you get it all figured out! :)

Oh, and they updated the layout, huh? I'm curious as to what it looks like now. lol

LOL @ buying stock in Ambisol.

I've monetized one video so far. I might monetize one or two more of the less viewed ones :cold: And see what happens to my status, just checked this morning and still not back to 'YouTube Partner'.

Thanks again.

Yeah I will post a screenshot later (AdSense), it just looks very simple now but kinda harder to figure out.[DOUBLEPOST=1349511623,1349511569][/DOUBLEPOST]
Should I re-activate monetization on one of my videos? I don't want to do myself in :(

*sigh* It's all very confusing isn't it?? Maybe try monetizing one or two videos and see what happens.

Good Luck!

Back