Disabled Monetization on ALL Videos and...

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, two things. I disabled monetization on all my videos and:
  1. The 'YouTube Partner' text on my dashboard is no more. It definitely wasn't full partnership as I have only 101 subbies
  2. I now have 'Custom Thumbnails' available (I'm guessing this is due to the rollout of this feature, which I read about on this forum)
I monetized one video to check if the 'YouTube' partner text will show up again.. it didn't.
Has anyone had a similar thing happen to them?

stratafm

Ryan of the WWW
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter
You have to have at least one video monetized to be considered a partner. I'd say that when you disabled them all, it was, in essence, you de-partnering yourself. Thus losing that verbiage on your analytics. Just a theory...

Not sure why the text wouldn't reappear when you monetized one again though, unless it's just lag on YouTubes part? Or maybe it takes a bit more to get it back in the program after you kill monetization. I honestly don't know though.

How's your Adsense? Is it still open and running?

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to have at least one video monetized to be considered a partner. I'd say that when you disabled them all, it was, in essence, you de-partnering yourself. Thus losing that verbiage on your analytics. Just a theory...

Not sure why the text wouldn't reappear when you monetized one again though, unless it's just lag on YouTubes part? Or maybe it takes a bit more to get it back to rolling after you kill monetization. I honestly don't know though. How's your Adsense? Is it still open and running?
Thanks! Oooh, I didn't realise that! Thanks, so maybe I should expect that to change again soon?

I disabled monetization because I was worried about all the 'click bombing' stories I'd been reading about. As my channel is still tiny, I didn't want anything like that messing up future opportunities.
I checked Adsense and there's nothing that says it's not running, it has a new layout now. I also checked my YouTube setting and it says monetization is enabled for the channel.

Thanks again!

Reactions: stratafm

stratafm

Ryan of the WWW
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter
Thanks! Oooh, I didn't realise that! Thanks, so maybe I should expect that to change again soon?

I disabled monetization because I was worried about all the 'click bombing' stories I'd been reading about. As my channel is still tiny, I didn't want anything like that messing up future opportunities.
I checked Adsense and there's nothing that says it's not running, it has a new layout now. I also checked my YouTube setting and it says monetization is enabled for the channel.

Thanks again!
You're welcome! :)

Understandable on the click bombing fear. That's a big issue with YouTube/Adsense. A lot of good publishers have lost their accounts, unfairly, and with little route for appeal. I hope they get their policies revised someday. I gritted my teeth many a day over this very issue. That's a major reason I love network affiliation. While not bullet proof, you're a lot more protected from that sort of crap.

Ya gotta roll the dice to play the game though. :) I went for over a year and was never click bombed. I just bought stock in Ambisol (for my teeth gritting). lol

I hope you get it all figured out! :)

Oh, and they updated the layout, huh? I'm curious as to what it looks like now. lol

Reactions: HealthyDury

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're welcome! :)

Understandable on the click bombing fear. That's a big issue with YouTube/Adsense. A lot of good publishers have lost their accounts, unfairly, and with little route for appeal. I hope they get their policies revised someday. I gritted my teeth many a day over this very issue. That's a major reason I love network affiliation. While not bullet proof, you're a lot more protected from that sort of crap.

Ya gotta roll the dice to play the game though. :) I went for over a year and was never click bombed. I just bought stock in Ambisol (for my teeth gritting). lol

I hope you get it all figured out! :)

Oh, and they updated the layout, huh? I'm curious as to what it looks like now. lol
LOL @ buying stock in Ambisol.

I've monetized one video so far. I might monetize one or two more of the less viewed ones :cold: And see what happens to my status, just checked this morning and still not back to 'YouTube Partner'.

Thanks again.

Yeah I will post a screenshot later (AdSense), it just looks very simple now but kinda harder to figure out.[DOUBLEPOST=1349511623,1349511569][/DOUBLEPOST]
Should I re-activate monetization on one of my videos? I don't want to do myself in :(
*sigh* It's all very confusing isn't it?? Maybe try monetizing one or two videos and see what happens.

Good Luck!