So I work up this morning to a yellow dollar sign on my video... on a diy computer tutorial on how to use emulationstation. Can someone explain to me why this would happen. It won't go back to normal until I get a 1000 views on it, but some closure on why would be nice or if it's a mistake cause I can't think of why this would happen when there are other channels that have download links to roms and still have ads on them. Here is the video in question - watch?v=RwlUJ5SYp1w

This is happening to everyone. It seems to be a machine learning situation that's quite buggy. Trying to figure out the logic in it is kind of a hopeless cause at this point, so I think the best thing to do is to request a review and hope for the best.

You can still request them to review the video it has happened to me a couple of times that they had reviewed my videos, even though the videos didn´t have 1000 views.
So Request them to review the video, and wait a couple of days!

You can still request them to review the video it has happened to me a couple of times that they had reviewed my videos, even though the videos didn´t have 1000 views.
So Request them to review the video, and wait a couple of days!
Yeah I requested, I know it's not alot of views but still it's annoying and it makes me uneasy about making more videos and getting these same notifications.[DOUBLEPOST=1508350448,1508350432][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi @maximumtips,
I've merged your thread to this one that is discussing the same issue. =)
Ok, thank you

This just happen to me today. My video only contains me and a friend playng a card game. There is no profanity or anything suggestive. I hope it will be fixed soon.

With the run up to Halloween I have uploaded some Halloween themed videos.

All of them have been give the yellow dollar sign $

What kind of Halloween themed vids? That seems odd that they would demonetize or put them under review unless they are super graphic or inappropriate!

That seems weird... It might be caused by the fact that many countries don't celebrate Halloween, but that would be really dumb, because it is very advertiser friendly. I believe this has nothing to do with the Halloween topic in your video itself, maybe YouTube algorithms have just caught something wrong and returned a false positive result.

Back