Customizing your Channel Layout

MMenard0313

Hello everyone, new "forumer" here,

I used to be able to edit and customize the Youtube layouts back when Myspace was prevalent. I was able to code both Myspace's and Youtube's so it would look completely customized, but now I don't think that is an option. I was able to create layouts using photoshop and then insert them into the layouts.

It looks like Youtube only gives you the option to customize your "default" thumbnail and then the "cover photo" above it.

I'm pretty sure I've seen other channels while watching youtube videos recently and they had customized looking channels.

Is anyone familiar with these ways? I'm trying to help someone make their channel stand out.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Wow you havn't been on YouTube in a long time! Hahaha. Naaah they got rid of all that stuff. All you can change is your channel banner & profile picture. The best way for your friend to stand out is to have a bright & colourful logo/banner & high quality thumbnails.

@Speechless- lol. That was the last time I tried to edit a layout within a Youtube account.
That's whack. I guess it is more streamlined like Facebook's is. Can't put too much control the hands of the people...

@Sennuh- As in instead of solid white or black color amidst the Videos Uploaded and all throughout the account page, it'd be custom photos or a layout custom made in Photoshop to fit the layout better.

Back