Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Custom Usernames and URLs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Michael, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael
    I Love YTtalk
    #1 Michael, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    Kath and Brodie like this.
  2. Will
    *The guy who uses asterisks to narrate everything*
    Cash:
    $790
    I'm confused. I'm not familiar with changing urls and all that but it seems I have both.

If I go to my channel through my signature (user/artificialmeat) it still works.
    And if I go to through my actual Youtube account (channel/UCAo5xmHEIieW8eqWb7XicDw) it also works.

An they're both the same channel, nothing about the "url can't be found" is there on either. Only thing different is the url.

Is that how it should be? I don't recall ever making a custom url.

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael
    I Love YTtalk
    Yours is fine as it is, the /user/ type username/URL is seemingly now a legacy URL and that all future custom URLs once set and elegible will be /c/MyUsername. So confusing tell me about it :D We still dont have support for the newer custom URLs at /c/ but will very soon.

Will likes this.
  4. Will
    Cash:
    $790
    Okay, that makes sense. :)

So as long as I don't, and continue to not, care about a custom url I'm fine?

Michael likes this.
  5. RedFox
    YTTalk's Fox
    Cash:
    $317
    I knew you were working on this when I saw it appear in my Personal Details. ^^

Michael likes this.
  6. Michael
    I Love YTtalk
    I have updated this thread with more information
    Thats right for anyone who has a custom username already everything is fine for now at least. I might have to make the new /c/ custom URL the default in the future with a checkbox similar to the channel one above, I will make an announcement once we do that :)

Lol yeah :D

Hopefully once we properly support the new /c/ ones everything will settle and the confusion will clear :D

7. Will
    Cash:
    $790
    Alright, got it.
    Thank you!

8. RedFox
    YTTalk's Fox
    Cash:
    $317
    Just to let you know, the box on our profile page doesn't work with the /channel/ option. :)

9. Michael
    I Love YTtalk
    We will likely get rid of that if it only works with the legacy username/URLs, a bigger announcement is coming regarding the URLs as we now have support for the new /c/ URLs but that will require everyone to update theirs unfortunately.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 29, 2014 ---
    I am closing this announcement as the new one found here:

http://yttalk.com/threads/important-channel-link-update.150771/

Is up to date and correctly reflects everything that is required of members to get theirs working. We now support /c/ type URLs as well as legacy /user/ and /channel/ URLs. Apologies for any confusion feel free to ask for support in the linked thread above.

#9 Michael, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.