Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

*The guy who uses asterisks to narrate everything*
Reaction score
The rip between the 8th and 9th dimension
Channel Type
Cartoonist, Animator
I'm confused. I'm not familiar with changing urls and all that but it seems I have both.

If I go to my channel through my signature (user/artificialmeat) it still works.
And if I go to through my actual Youtube account (channel/UCAo5xmHEIieW8eqWb7XicDw) it also works.

An they're both the same channel, nothing about the "url can't be found" is there on either. Only thing different is the url.

Is that how it should be? I don't recall ever making a custom url.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm confused. I'm not familiar with changing urls and all that but it seems I have both.

If I go to my channel through my signature (user/artificialmeat) it still works.
And if I go to through my actual Youtube account (channel/UCAo5xmHEIieW8eqWb7XicDw) it also works.

An they're both the same channel, nothing about the "url can't be found" is there on either. Only thing different is the url.

Is that how it should be? I don't recall ever making a custom url.
Yours is fine as it is, the /user/ type username/URL is seemingly now a legacy URL and that all future custom URLs once set and elegible will be /c/MyUsername. So confusing tell me about it :D We still dont have support for the newer custom URLs at /c/ but will very soon.

Reactions: Will

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey everyone,

Recently YouTube made a change where if you have under 500 subscribers you are unable to create a custom username and until then you can only use a generic random generated URL for example http://youtube.com/channel/UCPRkvrfngP9pZQ97CPlkZ2B

This had caused some issues with new creators who are members of YTtalk as previously we only supported /user/ type URLs but now we are able to support the /channel/ type URLs too. Please see the screenshot and info below to find out how to get a /channel/ URL working.

If you dont have a custom username just yet, simply check the box and enter everything that comes after /channel/ when viewing your YouTube channel. For example you would enter: UCPRkvrfngP9pZQ97CPlkZ2B

Both types of URL are also supported with the second channel for VIP members feature so if you have two new channels they are still supported.

We also intend to support the new /c/ changed username URLs soon too, we will keep you all updated regarding those ones.

I knew you were working on this when I saw it appear in my Personal Details. ^^

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have updated this thread with more information
Okay, that makes sense. :)

So as long as I don't, and continue to not, care about a custom url I'm fine?
Thats right for anyone who has a custom username already everything is fine for now at least. I might have to make the new /c/ custom URL the default in the future with a checkbox similar to the channel one above, I will make an announcement once we do that :)

I knew you were working on this when I saw it appear in my Personal Details. ^^
Lol yeah :D

Hopefully once we properly support the new /c/ ones everything will settle and the confusion will clear :D

Will

*The guy who uses asterisks to narrate everything*
Reaction score
The rip between the 8th and 9th dimension
Channel Type
Cartoonist, Animator
Thats right for anyone who has a custom username already everything is fine for now at least. I might have to make the new /c/ custom URL the default in the future with a checkbox similar to the channel one above, I will make an announcement once we do that :)
Alright, got it.
Thank you!

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Just to let you know, the box on our profile page doesn't work with the /channel/ option. :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just to let you know, the box on our profile page doesn't work with the /channel/ option. :)
We will likely get rid of that if it only works with the legacy username/URLs, a bigger announcement is coming regarding the URLs as we now have support for the new /c/ URLs but that will require everyone to update theirs unfortunately.[DOUBLEPOST=1417273396][/DOUBLEPOST]I am closing this announcement as the new one found here:

http://yttalk.com/threads/important-channel-link-update.150771/

Is up to date and correctly reflects everything that is required of members to get theirs working. We now support /c/ type URLs as well as legacy /user/ and /channel/ URLs. Apologies for any confusion feel free to ask for support in the linked thread above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.