could you have predicted being on YouTube?

Actually, I got banned from it when Youtube first was becoming a real thing. Around 2006 I made a couple videos for friends just to mess around. This was WAY before anyone was getting paid or anything
One I think was a tour of my house (like MTV cribs style, back when that was a thing lol) which was funny, and the other was when I found a really crazy looking spider in my backyard... so I decided to light it on fire. I got banned for animal abuse! I never considered spiders animals that could be abused LOL (I still agree with that, they're not sentient, they don't have feelings, it's not like a mammal that actually has a brain and stuff...)
I'm pretty sure it was one of my friends that reported me to troll me, but it got my entire channel deleted. At the time, I was p****d and thought "f**k that site!"

I will always regret not continuing to make content. All you had to do back then was talk at a camera and you could make it HUGE. Now I have to actually make quality content and it's still impossible to find in a sea of nonsense. Seriously, my house tour video had more organic growth and viewership than anything I've done since lol. I coulda been Youtube famous... There's no sense in regretting that now, though. I much prefer the style of content I make now. I probably would've been depressed if I got famous for vlogging back then...

I found a really crazy looking spider in my backyard... so I decided to light it on fire. I got banned for animal abuse! I never considered spiders animals that could be abused LOL (I still agree with that, they're not sentient, they don't have feelings, it's not like a mammal that actually has a brain and stuff...)

It's funny to think that if you subjected it to chemical warfare (aka can of Raid), you would have been OK. Who knows, maybe you would have still got banned.

Yeah, I made music video YouTube videos back in the day, I photographed/filmed everything I could at school and when asked by a teacher if I preferred being on camera or behind it because I'd have to choose, I didn't wanna. So yeah, it was pretty inevitable :')

I bought my first camera when I was 14 and I've been filming and editing little videos ever since, just for me and my family. YouTube is kind of a natural progression, I guess...

I always use to watch youtube but never thought I would do that myself especially since I knew nothing about editing. Even though I watched a lot of youtube videos I ended up doing my channel based on something I don't normally subscribe just because I thought it was a new niche I had discovered lol

I was always participating on diecast collecting websites. I was realizing that the owners of the sites didn't participate very much. That made me think, why am I contributing content to their site and them profiting off of my content? They are the ones collecting the ad revenue.

Not only that but the boards were slowing down. You'd have 2,000 members and only 50 were actually taking the time to comment and reply.

If I'm going to be a major participant and create content, I might as well do my own thing and benefit from my time being invested.

I made a 2 minute film many years ago, probably 2005 or 2006 of my sister and little brother in an olden days setting on YouTube but I'm not allowed to show that to ANYONE. Also, I did start making videos a few years ago but I didn't really know much about how to RUN a channel and what was sustainable. After graduating, I realised I loved teaching so I put the two together ^_^

I don't really know. I think it's the kind of thing I would always have liked to do, but I wouldn't have thought I'd actually do it due to not being confident enough. And yet here I am!

Probably not. I'm pretty anti-social but the love of making other people laugh (and the possibility to do it for a living) kinda won out.

Back