could you have predicted being on YouTube?

Mae B

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
just curious if, looking back, there were indications you would eventually start YouTubing? or if it was completely left-field?

personally, i made tons of silly videos with my friends (many of which are still on youtube *facepalm*), and i have always been the only one in my circle that was passionate about documenting things, be it photographically or on film, and i was always the one in charge of optional video projects in high school.. so i guess it isn't too surprising for me :p

Andy J. Valer

The Awko-Taco
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't quite know. I stumbled across YouTube found a few channels that I liked and admired. I wanted to be like them. I don't know how if I ever gave any indication before that moment. I've been passionate since then.

To me it wasn't a surprise that I posted, I knew I would eventually, I just didn't know when.

To everyone else it was a surprise because I kept to myself and didn't like to do anything strange in front of them.

I don't know. Now I have to think about it, ugh. :D

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
There's no way I though I'd ever get into YouTube. I remember going to parties and getting annoyed at people who did nothing but watch YouTube on their phones instead of socializing. Now those same people are probably watching my channel at parties.

CaptainElisabeth

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to make silly little short films in my living room with a couple of friends back when I was about 9/10 years old, so I suppose that could have been a good indicator. I also watched a lot of vloggers and YouTube musicians and I took a lot of inspiration from them in the music I wrote, and I recorded that music for MySpace of all places XD
I've also always had a huge dislike for the way a lot of artists of any kind in mainstream media are stifled and mass-marketed, as well as people's views of life and how linear, stressful, ambitionless and boring they made it seem -- I've always valued my creative freedom and the right to share my work regardless of whether or not certain people 'approve'.
I was also a fan of recording everything and documenting it, and I always got really upset if I lost any videos or photos, even if they were really bad or short.
So yeah, I guess it was pretty inevitable that I was going to do something like this, now I think about it. XD

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
just curious if, looking back, there were indications you would eventually start YouTubing? or if it was completely left-field?

personally, i made tons of silly videos with my friends (many of which are still on youtube *facepalm*), and i have always been the only one in my circle that was passionate about documenting things, be it photographically or on film, and i was always the one in charge of optional video projects in high school.. so i guess it isn't too surprising for me :p
when i was a little kid i didn't ever think i would make videos period haha. it's awesome to me that we are all able to make videos and have a place where they can be viewed by people all over the globe.

Marion Talavera

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Not really, I always wanted to start up a channel to reach broader audience. :D

Click

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
No it's something that just happened and I hadn't planned for doing it since I thought that it was extremely hard to do etc but now here I am.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Used to watch YouTube videos since long... I always wanted to make videos but that times I had no equipments. But now im surprised that im posting videos and people are watching my videos and most importantly making friends globally :)

Reactions: babyteeth4

Palidor

The Palidor Project
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Watching youtube made me want to do videos. I am also a really shy person but I think youtube has helped with that a little bit since I am talking in all my videos and even have the webcam on in some

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Back in the days of VHS tapes and super clunky video cameras, I used to beg my dad if I could film stuff. I would write out little skits and force my friends to act them out...I think they had fun? At least they said they were..lol! I thought it was fun.. One of the videos that I ran across recently was Hamlet reenacted as high school cliques... haha! omg... x_x;;;

So...yea...I probably would have ended up on some sort of video sharing website eventually. I love taking photos, too, but there's something about capturing a moment in time with video that has always intrigued me.