Copyright protection for my son videos

AngeloJ

Good Day fellow Youtubers can anyone help me regarding of my son video that i'm about to shoot for the channel that i started. where can i get copyright protection that when someone copy my video it will get automatic copyright claim can i obtain this through networks? since adsense has no copyright protection any one has idea.please help since i want to protect our videos and continue building

Thanks.

Good Day fellow Youtubers can anyone help me regarding of my son video that i'm about to shoot for the channel that i started. where can i get copyright protection that when someone copy my video it will get automatic copyright claim can i obtain this through networks? since adsense has no copyright protection any one has idea.please help since i want to protect our videos and continue building

Thanks.
quote me if I'm wrong but generally automatic claims are usually only for company's and I think I've heard a few stories for very big youtubers. The closest you're going to get is finding your video re-uploaded some where and filing a DMCA

So You mean the only thing i do is flag the video or file a report. i thought based on readings CONTENT ID can protect your video. and network has it they can activate it in your channel if your qualified

IF your concerned about copyright think about leaving a water mark or maybe leave ur sons logo in the corner or something. People less likely to steel the video if it shows clearly its owned by someone else.

You will only be accepted for CID if you are pretty big. It will furthermore only inform about potential copyright violations on YouTube but not on any other website.

Ive taken down a few copied videos, its quite an easy process, but you have to find them first, search for your title, or something describing your video, and flag it for copyright, they ask for a link to the original so they can clearly see by the upload date that your's is the original and youtube will take down the copy.

Unless they are really good videos and who ever is uploading them is pulling in massive amounts of views, I wouldn't waste the time searching for copied videos. I sometimes come across them and have had them taken down, but more often then not its kids on holidays re uploading stuff thinking they can make bank in a week. Typically the copies are lucky if they get more than 5 views. You also have to give your personal details when filing a copyright claim which the person re uploading gets a copy of.

Unless they are really good videos and who ever is uploading them is pulling in massive amounts of views, I wouldn't waste the time searching for copied videos.

By not reporting them, you are losing views (it doesn't matter if it's 5 or 5 million), letting them build and grow their channel off of your hard work, and, depending on what else they upload or do, risking them put your name in a bad light.

Even worse is that you're letting them get away with theft and, by not doing anything, you're essentially saying that they can.

It takes virtually no time to do a couple of quick searches and, since you can add numerous videos to one report, the whole process can be done in under 5 minutes.

I'd much rather know that my work remains my own, that their copy has been taken down, and that the thief has received a copyright strike against them making them less likely for them to steal from me (or anyone) in the future.

Yes, I wish the process was more automated or that I could get into the ContentID program, but, unfortunately, that's reserved for the massive channels with thousands of videos.

Back