Consistency vs. Content

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
It seems there is no denying how much of a crucial role consistency when uploading plays in growing your channel. However should you for example, upload a lesser quality video for the sake of maintaining a video a week goal or sacrifice your consistency to wait until you have a video you are happier with?

I am a little split on this topic. I have uploaded videos before that I wasn't in love with because I wanted to hit my once a week upload schedule and still got a solid number of views and people liked them a lot, even though I didn't as much. I think it is important to be consistent with uploads but still maintain good quality. If a video is garbage, don't upload just to upload. Take a couple extra days and make it better :)

The 80/20 rule applies here. If the reason you think the quality of the video is not up to par is due to superficial things like how you look, how you sound, or the angle of the camera, then I would personally just upload it. Unless it's the actual content that you don't think is good enough, you're better off providing consistency over more trivial aspects of quality. There are certainly videos that I uploaded where I thought the audio didn't sound good enough or that my voice was too raspy because I was sick. Surprisingly, those videos actually did the best in views.

Drop a cigarette butt on the ground everyday, nobody cares.
Drop a backpack while saying "allahu akbar".......

Won't ever get noticed with generic content.

I think that having a quality standard for videos is really important. I put a lot more thought into my videos now than I use to, but I always aim to upload once a week. Some of my videos are not as good as I'd like them to be. I just try to learn from that to improve my next video. If I put out a video not I'm completely happy with I just try to make the next one better. So I would say that consistency and quality are almost equally important.

Both important but remember you are your own worst critic. If you find a vid to be sub-par more than likely your subscribers will enjoy them anyways. Unless you think your vid is absolute garbage go ahead and post it

Back