Consistency vs. Content

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It seems there is no denying how much of a crucial role consistency when uploading plays in growing your channel. However should you for example, upload a lesser quality video for the sake of maintaining a video a week goal or sacrifice your consistency to wait until you have a video you are happier with?
Dang. I definitely beat myself up if I fall behind my once-a-week quota, but I really wouldn't feel happy if I was uploading a video I regarded as "ehh" rather than "yes, this is good". I think if I knew the wait would be worth it, I'd let my followers know via Twitter/Facebook/Patreon and go from there.

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Why not do both? Why not be consistant and make good content? Maybe you have garbage content and would benefit from you posting less a week. You don't have to sacrifice quality for consistancy or consistancy for quality. Do both. Work a good schedule where you'll have quality videos all the time.

Turk-Lvlone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Definitely don't put out low quality for the sake of consistency, if you have to pick either I would say quality is more important. I've subscribed to channels before that weren't consistent but I really enjoyed the content when they did post.

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
One way to lose subscribers is to keep uploading crap

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I am a little split on this topic. I have uploaded videos before that I wasn't in love with because I wanted to hit my once a week upload schedule and still got a solid number of views and people liked them a lot, even though I didn't as much. I think it is important to be consistent with uploads but still maintain good quality. If a video is garbage, don't upload just to upload. Take a couple extra days and make it better :)
I'm with you on this one. The answer is, it depends.

I guess it depends on how much consistency is dropping and how much quality is dropping.

Like you, I have had videos that I spent days on to get right and they ended up with next to no views. I also have videos that I recorded in five minutes and uploaded and seen them getting thousands of views.

Quality is important, but there is a lot to be said about consistently uploading videos and increasing the number of ways people can find your channel.

Reactions: Blunt Brittany