UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Just going to wish you luck with that!

It's long been a YouTube policy to not go beyond the most general possible explanation for why something broke the rules. They say it's for security reasons and to keep people from finding out just how the algorithms which locate and tag violations work; and thereafter use that knowledge to "game the system".

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recently had a back and forth email with "YouTube support". They are absolutely useless, I was waiting on a staff member for a month to get a selection of videos "reviewed" which had nothing at all in them that would cause any issues, completely harmless videos which I have seen similar ones on other channels all monetised. They eventually got back to me that the videos were reviewed again and deemed unsuitable, it is total BS. They couldnt possibly have been reviewed by a human, as far as I am concerned their system is broken although it could be as intended, to discourage creators, it may sound counter productive but they are not trustworthy at all and do nothing but waste your time regarding demonetisation etc their "AI" and "manual reviewers" are a joke.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Recently had a back and forth email with "YouTube support". They are absolutely useless, I was waiting on a staff member for a month to get a selection of videos "reviewed" which had nothing at all in them that would cause any issues, completely harmless videos which I have seen similar ones on other channels all monetised. They eventually got back to me that the videos were reviewed again and deemed unsuitable, it is total BS. They couldnt possibly have been reviewed by a human, as far as I am concerned their system is broken although it could be as intended, to discourage creators, it may sound counter productive but they are not trustworthy at all and do nothing but waste your time regarding demonetisation etc their "AI" and "manual reviewers" are a joke.
I'm in total agreement that Partner Support is useless, Michael; but I have another "twist" to add here.

This is slightly "off-topic"; but I've found through experience, that if you are having difficulty with a site monetization feature, and you ask about a correction only to have Support suddendly clam up and say they can do nothing except tell you that that team are working on new monetization lanes for video creators, you can expect an announcement saying your troublesome feature is being depreciated in the near future.

They are killing off both Google Plus consumer version and keeping the business version (why only kill off one section?) and killing off the YouTube indivdual channel feed in 2019.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure what the individual channel feed is :D When they clam up they are definitely not telling you everything for a reason and probably a good one for their own sakes otherwise they would be straight up transparent.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Not sure what the individual channel feed is :D When they clam up they are definitely not telling you everything for a reason and probably a good one for their own sakes otherwise they would be straight up transparent.
Hi again Michael!

The individual channel feed is the feature that shows what a channel liked, added to a playlist, posted as videos this week. etc. My guess is that so many people turned it off in the Customization section that it wasn't being used enough to make it worthwhile to YouTube Admin to keep it going.

Adendum: Greater transparency is exactly what we want and need!