Clickbait?

There have been some discussion on youtube about clickbait, and I want to know your opinions about it!
I hate click bait, especially when it is one of those stupid slide shows where you need to click 20 "next" buttons to read 20 sentences. I also hate when the button you will most likely click suddenly jumps out of the way and you click on an article instead, this seems very common these days even on the pet video pages I go to.

i think clickbait is smart when you have a large enough following. however, it's unfortunately not going to get you ranked higher on searches which is what you need when you're a small channel. plenty of people use clickbait titles, and even very successful/polished youtubers like Casey Neistat openly say they do it on their videos...i think that if it's relevant to the video and your content is actually good, people don't care.

I hate clickbait...but it is what it is. In a sea of billions of other fish, you need something to draw in viewers.
Viewers also hate clickbait..So I hope one day our viewers will start a new trend of mass downvoting any videos with misleading titles or thumbnails

I don't mind a small amount of clickbait. It is like the title of a book you know nothing about. The title has to be interesting to grab your attention. But if it is completely irrelevant than it can be a bit annoying. I don't think it is as bad as people react to it being though.

It's like any marketing tactic...it works for a while, and eventually the public will get wise to it and stop clicking through. Right now, it's used in a way that gets the vulnerable and the young (and YouTube is run by the eyeballs of kids, let's be honest), but sooner or later, it's going to stop working.
Which makes me wonder, how far will it go to get the views? I can only imagine that it gets harder and harder to get the views, since more and more are doing youtube!

Back