Clickbait?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There have been some discussion on youtube about clickbait, and I want to know your opinions about it!
I hate click bait, especially when it is one of those stupid slide shows where you need to click 20 "next" buttons to read 20 sentences. I also hate when the button you will most likely click suddenly jumps out of the way and you click on an article instead, this seems very common these days even on the pet video pages I go to.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i think clickbait is smart when you have a large enough following. however, it's unfortunately not going to get you ranked higher on searches which is what you need when you're a small channel. plenty of people use clickbait titles, and even very successful/polished youtubers like Casey Neistat openly say they do it on their videos...i think that if it's relevant to the video and your content is actually good, people don't care.

NothingToDoCrew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hate clickbait...but it is what it is. In a sea of billions of other fish, you need something to draw in viewers.
Viewers also hate clickbait..So I hope one day our viewers will start a new trend of mass downvoting any videos with misleading titles or thumbnails

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hate it. Thankfully, I've gotten better at spotting it so I rarely fall for it.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I don't mind a small amount of clickbait. It is like the title of a book you know nothing about. The title has to be interesting to grab your attention. But if it is completely irrelevant than it can be a bit annoying. I don't think it is as bad as people react to it being though.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's like any marketing tactic...it works for a while, and eventually the public will get wise to it and stop clicking through. Right now, it's used in a way that gets the vulnerable and the young (and YouTube is run by the eyeballs of kids, let's be honest), but sooner or later, it's going to stop working.
Which makes me wonder, how far will it go to get the views? I can only imagine that it gets harder and harder to get the views, since more and more are doing youtube!

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's really annoying if the thumbnail is completely unrelated to the video.

Who Is Kristen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I honestly hate click bait but David Dobriks Vlogs are all click bait and I literally watch all of them sooooo.

nutwad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's not all that bad if it comes with good quality content