changing YouTube video category any negative effects?

EngiNerd

Most of my videos are tutorials but I believe it is not so easy to create a relationship with your viewers with educational slide show presentations if you don´t show your face on video once in a while.

What do you think? will changing video category i.e from education to entertainment once in a while have some negative effect in SEO and how YouTube sees your channel (authority)?

The reason I am asking. I had one video not ranked at all (video was gone even in the recent uploaded search filter) because some tags on that video were too generic, I guess. So I took out the tags and my video was ranked a minute later on the first page.

Whats your channel link?

If you interact with audience I doubt there will be too much of a drop in view ratings e.t.c, you never know it might help channel growth...

I'm not sure you can even change your channel category manually. I think you can only alter video category. If I'm mistaken, let me know. Did you end up changin anything?

i think you cant change the channel category..but i can be wrong..but videos are possible for sure

Back