changing YouTube video category any negative effects?

EngiNerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Most of my videos are tutorials but I believe it is not so easy to create a relationship with your viewers with educational slide show presentations if you don´t show your face on video once in a while.

What do you think? will changing video category i.e from education to entertainment once in a while have some negative effect in SEO and how YouTube sees your channel (authority)?

The reason I am asking. I had one video not ranked at all (video was gone even in the recent uploaded search filter) because some tags on that video were too generic, I guess. So I took out the tags and my video was ranked a minute later on the first page.

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Whats your channel link?

If you interact with audience I doubt there will be too much of a drop in view ratings e.t.c, you never know it might help channel growth...

Political Junkie News

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I'm not sure you can even change your channel category manually. I think you can only alter video category. If I'm mistaken, let me know. Did you end up changin anything?

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can change category of video uploads but I'm not sure about channel itself...

CramBeats

Idiot who makes music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i think you cant change the channel category..but i can be wrong..but videos are possible for sure