Can You Grow a channel with 2 different types of Content/Series?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I normally create comedy vlogs once a week, or sometimes even once every two weeks, and I feel like it's just not enough. Because my channel isn't really based around anything specific, there's no consistency. I feel like I need to commit to some sort of series so that my audience will know that I'm committing to 2 videos a week or whatever.

I have an idea for a series that I could do twice a week, but I also want to continue making my normal videos on occasion. Do you think it would be beneficial for me to make more consistent content, or am I over-thinking and should just stick to posting when I can?

Any replies are much appreciated!

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I do 2 types of videos :
Comedy and more or less "deep" philosophical content.
Both aren´t hard to understand or comprehend, so i am comfortable with uploading both the same channel, as i think every sub can understand every video.
If they enjoy them ? I don´t know and i don´t care enough to open another channel. I want to get my content out, and if you only like every second video, you just like every second videos (i have a set schedule so people know when which video go online).
Inside my comedy stuff i have a series (Adventures of Greg) and also upload random comedy (all are stickman/badly drawn stuff with the same humor though).
So i just upload both as i think both is equally good and makes equally fun to produce :
That is what i would suggest you to do. What you like and what motivates you. I personally wouldn´t want to do only one type of content and i think the difference in the content isn´t to radical (like gaming and make up for example).
I think it works.

ggdeeofficial

EZ Game EZ Life
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
it really depends. that is why you should always have a content strategy before starting a channel. Since the channel name has Comedy in it I would just stick with comedy content for the branding else change the channel name. I've been stuck with a channel before in a niche about one game. My channel name included that games name. It was good for my subs for that content but when i uploaded different stuff I saw the difference in views, likes and unsubs. viewers sub to you for a specific experience. I think it's best to build around that.