Can Wikipedia save YouTube from conspiracy theorists?

zhkopec There are facts and there are opinions.
Opposite opinions exist until a proven fact appears.
And who do you trust to give you these facts? Fundamentally your view of "facts vs opinions" is wrong on a practical and philosophical level. But this is not the place to discuss that.

You also completely missed the point of 6String's post. It ties in to my point. When a trusted source has unknown bias, they report "facts" in misleading ways.

The point is, youtube has proven time and time again they are untrustworthy, incompetent, and agenda driven. I do not trust them to manage the platform, let alone give them any more power.

thank you Boris Qs!

Allow me to disagree.
We must have some common base as humanity.
Achievements, goals, etc.

We cannot afford those people spreading theories that challenge logic and scientific proofs.
Do not forget that people died for causes, for achievements or just their sayings and beliefs.

A really good example is the anti-vaccination movement mentioned before in a post.
We cannot afford to lose people because someone might accuse us that we mute "a theory we do not agree with"....

(sorry for double posting...) :)

How about people make their own mind up after reading and watching articles and videos on the subject instead of having Youtube and others acting as the thought police?

How about people make their own mind up after reading and watching articles and videos on the subject instead of having Youtube and others acting as the thought police?
Are you also considering how chaotic the world will be .... It's a dangerous tool to play with looking at it from your point....we have seen it in recent times

You also completely missed the point of 6String's post

hah. I had to read it again, thanks!

Let me try to answer again. I do not care what YT decide to show me on politics as long as I use it for info on tutorials and general entertainment.

I do not know about philosophical levels, and I do not understand how is this connected to conspiracy theories. Here are three simpler levels I understand.

Earth is round. This is a proven fact.
Earth is flat. This is an opinion.
Earth is a matrix. This is a movie.

:) :p

Youtube and others acting as the thought police

Not from Youtube itself, I have to agree with zhkopec that YT has way too much power and influence on hand.
But in some controversial issues I believe that there must be a total mute.
I do not think that it is pluralism to allow people say to others "drop dead" (generic example).

EDIT: On a second thought those kind of theories fade out in time.
So when I say mute I mean subjects that really put humanity in pain.

Last edited:
me too!
:)
and it was a good way to expand my mind a little bit.

But I will not claim that deja vu is a glitch of the system in real life!

:p

How do they define "conspiracy theory" anyway? It sounds like what they mean is "An opinion or theory we don't agree with".

No, it is something demonstrably false that is held on blind faith and emotion because it's more comforting to believe it than to deal with factual reality. It's not open to opinion, these people are demonstrably wrong.

I think youtube should stop policing who should be able to speak and who shouldn't.
Or at least stop being so vague on the subject.

I think conspiricy videos lead people to look up their own information, cause debate, etc.

Info wars is a good conspiricy channel that I think opened a lot of people to knowing other points of view to radical ideas.

Like I had no idea what a lizard person was, I know it's fake and stuff, but like it's fun to research what they think.

To censor them would almost be an injustice.

and yes I do think info wars was deleted. *cri*

Back