Can i join a network if YouTube didn’t monetize my chennal

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, there's a problem somewhere if YouTube denied you monetization. Eithe way, if you're not monetized through YouTube, MCN's won't take you, either, since they want a cut of what you make.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I saw a Pewdipie video talking about how some bigger channels were just being demonetized without warning. Something might also just be going on with the Youtube AI or whatever that's causing channels to get flagged and demonetized. The channels with big enough followings were able to tweet at Youtube, but us smaller channels are probably screwed. Can't wait to reach the requirements!

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
To give a definitive answer to this query:

@Samantha Cunningham

You must already be a direct YPP member to join a network.
No MCN will accept as a member channel, one which has been rejected for monetization by YouTube itself; and it's been that way for the past 5 years at least. Please either link your channel in your signature here, or give its name, so we can see your channel content. What did YouTube give as your reason for denial?

Someone else will need to pick this thread up from here if the OP does give the requested information. I leave town for the next three or four days today.

Last edited:

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
To give a definitive answer to this query:

@Samantha Cunningham

You must already be a direct YPP member to join a network.
No MCN will accept as a member channel, one which has been rejected for monetization by YouTube itself; and it's been that way for the past 5 years at least. Please either link your channel in your signature here, or give its name, so we can see your channel content. What did YouTube give as your reason for denial?

Someone else will need to pick this thread up from here if the OP does give the requested information. I leave town for the next three or four days today.
Just wanted to chime into this thread, as I didn't see this information anywhere around the forums.

There's one exception to being a direct YouTube Partner Program member. If a channel, that is owned and operated (O&O) by the MCN, does not meet the 1k-4k requirements, they can be linked to the Managed CMS. It is only for the Affiliate CMS in which you need to be a YPP member. But again, the channel must be owned and operated by the MCN in order to be partnered in a Managed CMS before reaching the YPP requirements. In all over events, YPP requirements do indeed apply. Apologies if this caused any confusion.

But going back to the OP, @Samantha Cunningham all previous posters are 100% correct. If YouTube didn't accept your channel into the YPP program, then no MCN will.

Cheers.

Last edited:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Just wanted to chime into this thread, as I didn't see this information anywhere around the forums.

There's one exception to being a direct YouTube Partner Program member. If you don't meet the 1k-4k requirements, MCNs still have the ability to partner you under their Managed CMS if you are under that limit. It is only for the Affiliate CMS in which you need to be a YPP member. But obviously, most MCNs partner channels under the Affiliate CMS, so they need to follow the YPP requirements.

But going back to the OP, @Samantha Cunningham all previous posters are 100% correct. If YouTube didn't accept your channel into the YPP program, then no MCN will.

Cheers.
As a badge-bearing Google Product Expert, I must now ask for your proof that that practice is still valid under the new YPP Policies brought in last year.

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
As a badge-bearing Google Product Expert, I must now ask for your proof that that practice is still valid under the new YPP Policies brought in last year.
As the conversation involves personal information, I've sent you a private message via YTTalk.

I updated some information that I had forgotten to mention in my original post - MCNs can only place a channel that doesn't meet the 1k-4k requirements in the Managed CMS only if they own and operate the channel in question. Otherwise, all channels must meet the YPP criteria and be approved for monetization before an MCN can partner them. I apologize if this was not clear originally.

Thank you.

Last edited: