Can i join a network if YouTube didn’t monetize my chennal

Samantha Cunningham

Reaction score
so YouTube didn’t approve my chennal to run ads they said I can reapply but could I just join up for a network instead maybe they will be less strict

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
If it's the Multi-channel network thing you're talking about, I don't know much about them, but I do know they get a cut of what you make and depending, it may not be worth it. That's about all the advice I can give in regards. Sorry I can't help you further or offer you more advice there.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Gamer
I'm pretty sure most will turn you down. I tried to join one because they promise to help channels grow, but my channel isn't big enough to be monetized yet and the network I applied to flat out said I don't have monetization turned on, so they won't accept me. They want to be able to take a cut of your monetization as payment, so if your channel isn't able to make money, most won't have a way to get paid off of you and will reject you.

Reactions: Frontier Forge

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
I'm pretty sure most will turn you down. I tried to join one because they promise to help channels grow, but my channel isn't big enough to be monetized yet and the network I applied to flat out said I don't have monetization turned on, so they won't accept me. They want to be able to take a cut of your monetization as payment, so if your channel isn't able to make money, most won't have a way to get paid off of you and will reject you.

Thank you for that! Much better explanation than what I could provide and now I've learned something new, too!

Reactions: daniel burgio

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Gamer
Thank you for that! Much better explanation than what I could provide and now I've learned something new, too!
You're welcome! Just figured I'd pass along my own experience.

This is also some nice coincidental timing because I just watched a video where MatPat was talking about Defy (a rather large MCN) closing down and I guess he was in it. Apparently some MCNs will actually get your money first, take their cut, and then pass the rest along to you and some of the shadier MCNs out there may or may not just KEEP it all to help themselves stay afloat or ask to delay paying you so they can look like they have more money for investors.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
  1. Youtuber
No. They can't monetize you if you aren't already able to be monetized. You have to hit that 1000 subs and 4000 watch hours in 12 months limit first.

Samantha Cunningham

Reaction score
Will it help I have 20k subs some my videos have millions views I’m getting subs views everyday.